Storm Clouds and Rainbows [CLOSED RP]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Find Reply

Midnitella Offline

Team Daddy
Threads: 113
Favorite color: Midnitella
Eydis | Zaquar | Early Summer

Eydis' nose scrunched up at his tone, both in annoyance and disgust. Honey? Surely they were not familiar enough for such a pet name, let alone in such a condescending tone. Her eyes rolled as she blinked for a long moment while she tried to regain her composure. With a soft sigh, Eydis reopened her eyes to once again look at this... creature, hopefully with some newfound patience. Watching him cast his gaze over the trees, she rose a curious eyebrow as she tried to figure out what he was doing. Ears turning a bit to see if he had heard something she hadn't while she had been focused on him.
What in the gods was he doing? Eydis tilted her head a bit in confusion as she watched the skull clack its teeth together, before pulling her head back a little as a trickle of flames licked out of its sinus cavity. If this was some form of Glamour, it was in poor taste as it barely resembled a Quirlicorn like herself. That, unfortunately, meant this was either a terribly inexperienced fae or just simply a strange member of their species. She wasn't about to rule out either option just yet, since there was enough evidence so far to easily point either way. Her tail tip rattled a bit as she thought more about this dark Quirl-shaped anomaly before her.
Her ears perked back forward, snapping out of her train of thought as the heads looked at each other before looking at her. She glanced between them both as she was unsure who was going to address her, though she was unsure where to look on the skull. Perhaps the eye sockets? Eydis' ears quickly fell flat as yet another insult spilled from his lips, closing her eyes as she tried to regain herself once more. Boring? Of course it would seem boring to those who don't know what they're looking for, let alone those who didn't live here.
"Listen, Mister-" She opened her eyes as she realized she didn't have his name. Quickly she decided to give him an appropriate one. "Two-Heads," Nailed it. "I clearly live here. And it is only boring to those who don't know what they're looking for." 
She picked up one of her front legs to gesture out at the surrounding forest. "Of course trees look boring, and you scared off most of the animals." She set her hoof back down with a slight huff. "You are just unaware of the hidden treasures and adventures that Zaquar holds!" She tilted her chin up a bit and grinned with pride, very happy to have managed to get that out without stuttering or messing up. She slowly blinked her long lashes at him, awaiting a response but she was sure there wasn't much he could say at this point that would shake this unbridled pride from her system. Especially after the disaster she was when this encounter began, she was happy to be able to have regained herself so well with such a trying individual.

510 Words | +2 Chimes

Find Reply

Haywire Offline

Threads: 0
Favorite color: Baylili00
All Accounts Posts: 981

Linked Accounts
Zaquar | Early Summer

Haywire chuckled to himself at the mare's name for him. Two heads. It was probably one of the nicest names someone else had given him. Most preferred calling him "Monstrous" or "Demon" or "Sickly." He could live with being called Two Heads. For as tough the mare tried to appear, she really didn't have a mean bone in her body did she?

Once the rainbow mare began addressing his teasing at the boringness of this place, his ears shot forward with a wicked grin beginning to form on the face of the flesh head. There was a plan beginning to form. Maybe he could convince this mare to stick around with him a bit longer. He quite enjoyed her company and wouldn't mind having it for a while longer. Who knows, maybe he would grow on her and she might be interested in --- His flesh head glared daggers at his skull head. It always had to be the skull head taking a little bit of fun and turning it into a different kind of fun. Anyway, it would be great if maybe he could have her company for a little while.

Haywire's skull head avoided eye contact with his flesh head and looked out at the trees while his flesh head replied, "I don't possibly see how anything here could hold any kind of treasure. The swamp has all kinds of trees too, but it also has all kinds of hiding places and lots of random spaces. It's a place filled to the brim with all kinds of things including some treasures. Here, however, doesn't look like there would be a single treasure to be found." Haywire walked a little bit away from the mare, looking her up and down with such a look that it would make anyone's blood boil. "I doubt you would be up to showing me all of these supposed treasures and adventures, Love?" he said with an undertone of questioning and challenging her. He wanted her to take the bait. He had a feeling she was going to fight it, but also knew that she was intrigued by him.

He turned back around to face her. He watched her silently, awaiting her response. While he would be fine with her deciding to leave him, there was a strong part of him that wanted her to stay a bit longer. She was the first quirlicorn who actually kept a conversation with him, most would have run by now. While she has some fear, some disgust, that isn't preventing her from talking to him. It was touching really.

431 Words | +1 Chimes

[Image: ycb7pfdd]
ZYXLMNOP

Find Reply

Midnitella Offline

Team Daddy

Eydis made a slight sound of disgust at Two-Head's mention of the Swamp. That seemed to explain everything from his appearance down to his general behavior for the most part, but even he seemed a bit much for a general swamp dweller. An eyebrow rose as she watched him start to walk away, lowering her head from its proud position as she adjusted her footing slightly before turning to head back up the trail she had arrived on towards her home. Looking back at the stranger as he punctuated his question with another pet name. 
She blinked a bit as she mulled over her options in her mind before quickly coming to a rather apt conclusion. Even if she said no, there was no doubt he would spend his day pestering her anyway, so with a heavy sigh, she replied. "There is not enough time in the day to wander all of Zaquar... But I will show you what I can if you promise to drop the antagonizing behavior." 
The rainbowed mare shot him a harsh glare as if she were a mother scolding her child, looking him over again quickly to reassure herself of her decision. "It will take us most of the day, so I hope you brought something to eat." Turning her head and jumping a bit to get back up onto the trail, she started making her way back up the mountainside. She needed to go find her map first, and perhaps pack some snacks for the road, as the place she had in mind was only accessible to a steep trail through the mountains, and usually reasonably void of traffic. At least that meant she wouldn't have to explain herself to any passerby who may recognize her. "Keep up, I need to gather some items before we head out. The fair folk are rampant here and often turn the trees around to confuse unfamiliar travelers."

320 Words | +1 Chimes

Find Reply

Haywire Offline

Threads: 0
Favorite color: Baylili00
All Accounts Posts: 981

Linked Accounts
Zaquar | Early Summer

Haywire couldn't help but smile at the mare agreeing to his request....maybe more like a demand but whatever. In four strides, he easily caught up the small rainbow mare. "Keeping up won't be a problem, Cupcake," he replied to her a big grin on his face. Immediately, he gave her a little wink stinking his tongue out and snorting out a little bit of fire outside of his nose. 

He took a few steps alongside her before he realized she had said something before her "you better keep up comment." Brought something to eat? Stop antagonizing her? Hmm. He flicked his two tails thoughtfully before he said, "My dear, you shouldn't make it so easy to antagonize you. Your expressions and replies are just simply scrumptious." He looked at her with a gentle smile, and added, "But I suppose I could tune it down a notch, maybe two if you're nicer." At the ended of his statement, one of his tails flicked over to her's and briefly brushed over it. His flesh head snapped to the skull head's with narrowed eyes, but quickly the look faded and he focused on the path ahead. "I guess, " he said in an attempt to cover over that little interaction, "you did tell me I better have brought food with me. I don't know if you can tell, but I'm pretty naked, but don't worry, I don't mind some drive-by snacking. Evergreen needles can be pretty tasty." To emphasize his point, he reached over the mare to grab at a nearby branch deftly tearing off a bit to chew on. He quickly swallowed it down and showed off that he had nothing left. "See?" he said, "Nothing left! Super tasty!"

286 Words | +1 Chimes

[Image: ycb7pfdd]
ZYXLMNOP

Find Reply

Midnitella Offline

Team Daddy

The pastel mare shook out her thick mane as she felt the stallion's close proximity to her personal space. Of course, she knew it was a bit much to ask him to stop poking and prodding at her, but she decided not to feed the beast with a retort. Shooting him a curious look as he grabbed a branch between his teeth and tore away the greenery, Eydis made an indifferent hmph as she shrugged her shoulders before bouncing up a steep part of the path. Jumping up onto the main road once more, the mare looked back at her new travelling companion to ensure he made it up soundly.
-
"Suit yourself then." She punctuated with a tick of her tongue before letting her tail flick behind her as she walked the familiar way home. "Don't ask for any of my snacks then."
-
The mare gave a soft chuckle, knowing full well he was going to end up asking for her fresh muffins and berries before the day was done. As the cottage came into view just off the road, Eydis could hear her partner Legacy humming to herself as she tended to their garden. A smile quietly broke on her lips as she caught a snippet of her lemon-lime hide in the rose bushes as they moved into the walkway to the house.  The smell of flowers filled the forest's morning air, as well as the smell of the muffins she had baked earlier before going out for her morning walk.
-
"Stay out here." She looked sternly at the stallion as she arrived at her front door, her mint eyes looking him over with a piercing emphasis. "I'm going to fetch my satchel and some food and I will be right out." With that said, she pushed open the large oak door and walking inside, her hooves clicking on the stone floor as she made her way into the kitchen. The oven was still giving off heat as she quickly moved a few off the counter beside it to a cloth as well as some fruits before tying it neatly. Moving to the cupboard she grabbed out a large jar of jam and a small loaf of bread before leaning to the back and grabbing a large jug of water. Carrying them to the table she set them into another cloth and tied them up before grabbing her bag off one of the hooks near the back door. The bag was made to sit on her back with a pack on each side, to better distribute the weight on her back. It was much more comfortable than other bags she had owned, and the wear was very apparent from the few patches and restitches that bound it together. After setting it onto the table with a soft thud, Eydis began carefully placing her goodies into the bag to ensure their safe travel.
-
Looking around her home once more and nodding to herself, she put the satchel on over her head, letting it rest over her back before moving back to the front door. Pulling it open and letting her tail close it behind her, she reached a leg up to scratch her nose quickly before looking up again. "Alright, let's get moving, Two-Heads."

544 Words | +2 Chimes

Search: