Quirlicorn Community

Hello There, Guest!

Register
Your Links Threadlog
Updates December 2020
FAQ FAQ Link
Player OTM In
Thread OTM Progress

Suggestions for Import and Foal Line Edits!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Find Reply

kiinaikit Offline

Team Daddy
Threads: 141
Favorite color: kiinaikit
Hello hello hello!

I've been asked to continue the work I started with the foal design sheets and expand the collection to include the many and varied requests that have been made by the community over time. In addition, I'll also be editing the Import/Adult design sheets to accommodate regularly seen bits and bobs.

In light of this, I'm looking to gather up all of those existing ideas as well as to hear new thoughts too. Please don't be shy! The idea of this thread is for you to leave any suggestions and/or things you would like to see added to either of the Foal or Import/Adult lines, or perhaps expansions and variations on existing things. Feel free to request niche amendments but remember they will be added to the main/official sets, so perhaps do not suggest unique alterations intended for your Quirls, unless you are happy to share the idea and have other people use it too!

Please may I ask that when you make a request, that you please try to use terminology appropriate to the specific Quirlicorn feature, and avoid using abbreviations or pet names for things. It's not always clear what is meant when people use their own names for things, due to language barriers, cultural references etc <3 There's no need to rush a suggestion, this is a big project, there's plenty of time to make your request clear and if you're not sure about anything, please come give me a poke on discord; my DMs are always open ^^

If you have ideas for mutations/augmentations that are outside of what can be achieved within the current availability, then head over to the Suggestions forum and drop an idea there, using the form provided. But don't be afraid to ask if it's possible in the Question's channel on Discord as it might be possible already! We've got lots of creative thinkers amongst us, it never hurts to ask <3

Update 2:
Exclamation While searching for other things, I have found an often asked question: "What is the name of the font that is used on the official sheets?" It is called Gabriola and comes packaged with Windows 7 onwards. If you do not have access to this font in your art program (due to using a different operating system, for example) then you are absolutely allowed to use a font of your choice, but please make sure it is easy to read. Exclamation

Update:
As the Quirlicorn community grows, members using mobile-only or .psd unfriendly art programs are popping up and this means some of our resources are not inclusive. In an effort to help support everybody in the community, and provide you all with the resources to bring fantastic characters to life, I would like to ask that anybody who would like to use .png's to design their Quirlicorns on; please can you leave a comment with the combinations you need? Do not worry if you are requesting 20 different variations, that's absolutely fine! A list helps me to know where to start and what is most frequently used.

The group will very soon be transitioning over to a format whereby the import/foal lines are the official version of your Quirlicorn. Therefore, making sure we're providing you with the means to accurately and faithfully portray your character is very important to us.

Please just ask <3

At the bottom of this post is a list of completed and already available line art files, which will be (if they are not already) available on the Resources page of the website.

Planned additions (not in order of priority):
  • April incentive modifications (bunny ears and tail) (this has been done by various members, anybody willing to share theirs?)
  • Double & Triple Heads (Astral has this on her list of things to work on, the starter/adult lines need to be extensively reworked to allow this modification).
  • 1 extra set of front and back legs (Sleipnir Dew)
  • Antennae for Apoidea
  • Premade glow layers for Aura:- tutorial will be made for this instead.
  • Plague Mask variants & smoke layers
  • All Body/Head/Limb Variations applicable to Skelicorn (as above)
  • Spectral/SubZer0 hair "steam" layers
  • Hairstyle variations on the standard design sheets
  • ------> Warcut (fjord), Braided, Curly, Wavy and Flat/Straight

Edits/Augmentations/Modifications that are earnt through applying a Guardian to your Quirlicorn are extremely varied but feel free to add thoughts pertaining to those as they can be worked on later, after the more popular requests have been completed ^^

Please, share your thoughts!

Available Files: Quick and dirty sheet explaining the file contents here!
  • Regular/unmodified Foal and Import .psd and .png
  • ----> The backdrop from the Import sheet .png
  • Skelecorn .psd and .png
  • Markhor Foal and Import .psd (original files)
  • Foal Edits (No horn, double horn, December Incentive horns (3 options) and tails (2 options)
  • Import/Adult December Incentive (3 horn options, regular tail or deer tail) 
  • Bald/Hairless (no mane, no tail hair) Single Horn Adult/Import .png --> https://sta.sh/0gh561vmtpm
  • Various Import Edits, see link for details: https://sta.sh/0120k42yyudt
  • Token and (some) Dew Foal Edits, see link for details: https://sta.sh/019ldypg029c
  • Dullahan Ears & No Ears (PSD's and PNGs) https://sta.sh/21b3np8emn6q
  • Updated Markhor Foal (PSD's and PNGs) https://sta.sh/21b3np8emn6q

Find Reply

Lyricanna Offline

Team Daddy
Threads: 196
Favorite color: Lyricanna
Maybe a no feet floof/feathering option?

Find Reply

kiinaikit Offline

Team Daddy
(07-24-2020, 10:31 PM)Lyricanna Wrote: Maybe a no feet floof/feathering option?
Nice one! Added! ^^

Find Reply

Asoraam-Feire Away

Threads: 256
Favorite color: Asoraam-Feire
All Accounts Posts: 363

1 Attached Account
I use a phone, so I would love a drag-and-drop .png. Sadly my phone refuses to open .psds with the program I have on it. Though, just .pngs of the nakey versions of the bases is chil.

This is by no means that important, since I know from experience how faffy making drag-and-drops are. So consider this very very low priority if you choose to take it. ^^

Find Reply

Damien Offline

Threads: 121
Favorite color: DamienMuerte
Markhor without Markhor Beard/Mane, for the option of using it with Shearing Dew or regular mane =))

Find Reply

kiinaikit Offline

Team Daddy
(08-07-2020, 08:15 AM)Damien Wrote: Markhor without Markhor Beard/Mane, for the option of using it with Shearing Dew or regular mane =))
That already exists for foals and will make sure the same is available with "Markhor Edits" for adults/imports too!

Find Reply

Damien Offline

(08-07-2020, 10:41 AM)kiinaikit Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 08:15 AM)Damien Wrote: Markhor without Markhor Beard/Mane, for the option of using it with Shearing Dew or regular mane =))
That already exists for foals and will make sure the same is available with "Markhor Edits" for adults/imports too!
Oh? I must have missed it then.. D: The only Markhor lines I had are those with beard / markhor mane ^^;

Find Reply

kiinaikit Offline

Team Daddy
(08-07-2020, 07:38 PM)Damien Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 10:41 AM)kiinaikit Wrote:
Oh? I must have missed it then.. D: The only Markhor lines I had are those with beard / markhor mane ^^;
I just checked to make sure I wasn't going crazy - the markhor foal lines do already come without any mane at all (Shearing Dew) as an option (hide the "Markhor Mane" and "Beard" layers), but you are correct in that they do not have the regular mane as a separate layer/line art.
I had a look to see if I could whip up a .png that could be added to the file as a fix and then I realised what had stopped me from doing it in the past. The reason that there is no regular mane markhor is it requires the markhor horns to be redone so that there is a 'front' and 'back' horn to sit either side of the mane, else it looks odd. The markhor foal lines were originally done for my own use, and at the time of uploading them, I hadn't made a markhor with the regular mane. I will make sure to update the foal file and include the variation in the adult/import edit.
Thank you for pointing it out ^^

General edit for anybody subscribed or reading this thread; updates added in the original post concerning .png variations and existing files <3

Find Reply

Damien Offline

Thank you for your work! =)

For my breeding, I have simply put the mane behind the markhor horns (Since I will use a corrupted horn token on the pon and the horns look very different thanks to that later anyway, I will need to make a Reg/Design pic for her =D  -> https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/i...psflf1.png  <3 And yes,. sorry about that, right, the completely mane-less version is there... D:

Find Reply

kiinaikit Offline

Team Daddy
You're welcome ^^
That is a fabulous looking foal design!
Ohh I see, yes, for corrupted, I have done a horn that is similar to the design on the token but it is very much open to how people want to design their horns - I can't wait to see your full/final version Big Grin
No worries! There are lots of files floating around, it's not always clear what is and isn't done yet... I will have a look into making a resource to help with sourcing the right combinations <3
Made a quick and dirty sheet with the currently available files' contents explained: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Search: