Thread Closed 

Find

Anevay Offline

Deities
Threads: 8
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,938

Linked Accounts
@LovellaTorendo, @RebeccaM-Art You must collaborate on how each of you will move forward with the prompt.  If you require my assistance or have questions you may ask them here. 
Be certain that you submit your prompt endeavours (Group Overview) as a reply to this thread by the end of November 4th.  You may have a single member of the group post your Group Overview.
If you fail to post your Group Overview before the deadline there will be no blessings for you for this prompt.  

"They still haven't showed up yet?" Anevay stepped out from under the shade, looking into the distance.  
The desert was vast and the sun was beating down hard creating illusions of water over the sandy landscape.  Nobody was in sight for miles. 
"I'm going to be furious if nobody actually shows up!" The mare uttered with a snort, enforcing her disdain.  
Anevay was completely fed up with the lack of magic and the time which it took to summon others to her.  Using messengers wasn't really her cup of tea, she much preferred to pop in herself, and drag whomever she felt was best, along for the ride.  Sitting around waiting, and tapping her hooves was not how she intended to spend her time, yet the Quirliverse had other plans in store for the irritated deity.  
Anevay stepped into the oasis at her feet, creating a steam bath as her flamed tail met the water.  "Ahh, this is the best way to relax." If she was going to be stuck waiting, she might as well enjoy herself.  
The following hours were pretty uneventful, Anevay ended up taking a nap out of sheer boredom. 
Once the sun started to set, hooves could be heard over the horizon.  Two figures approached the sleeping deity. 
"Is she dead or something?"  "Maybe the deities can't live without magic?" the broody Stallion remarked.  "Does that mean we get to take over instead if they are all dead?"
A heavy tail whacked him on the skull. "Don't be ridiculous!"  "She's clearly just sleeping." The white stallion stepped closer to Anevay before gently nudging her with his nose.  "Time to wake up." 
Anevay shot up into a defensive stance screaming "FORTY TWO!" ...  The two stallions cocked their brows at her wondering if she was alright.  
"Don't startle me like that next time!"  she composed herself before leaning into the stallions "You saw and heard nothing, got it!" 
The boys both gently nodded in agreement.  
"So, Epa and Finger."  "You don't mind if I call you that, do you?" before either had a chance to respond Anevay continued "Now that you're here I can get to the details about what we're doing."  The white mare started walking, dragging Epa and Finger along with her enthusiastic energy.  "We're not sure why magic has been so unreliable as of late, but we have traced issues back to each region."  Anevay turned to look at the boys, "You're going to help me find the source of the problem in the Desert region!"
Epaphroditos and Dustfinger took a moment to consider how best to proceed. 
“Oh, I almost forgot but if you need any items for this task I’ll supply you with anything you need, so just ask.” Anevay gave them a wink and a grin before heading back towards her oasis where she was going to make herself comfortable, letting the stallions do all the heavy lifting.
The boys looked at each other and simply sighed. “Well, I guess we’re doing this.”  “Let’s go.”

Prompt: "search the region for any irregularities"

(503 words) +3 Chimes ( 500 words literature= +2, Event= +1)

Find

Witchcraftsy Offline

Team Daddy
Threads: 272
Favorite color: RebeccaM-Art
Here is our group Overview for the first prompt. We will be creating an RP-style literature piece for the prompt. Epaphroditos and Dusty have decided to search the desert together. Epaphroditos being far more familiar with the desert (as it is his home) will be leading the way as they explore the desert in search of irregularities.

[Image: 22902415_69VD4OCsLekSLt0.png]

Find

Anevay Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
(11-02-2021, 08:21 PM)RebeccaM-Art Wrote: Here is our group Overview for the first prompt. We will be creating an RP-style literature piece for the prompt. Epaphroditos and Dusty have decided to search the desert together. Epaphroditos being far more familiar with the desert (as it is his home) will be leading the way as they explore the desert in search of irregularities.

I look forward to seeing what you two find!

Find

LovellaTorendo Offline

Threads: 301
Favorite color: LovellaTorendo
I am just going to toss our RP link here: https://quirlicorns.com/community/showth...50#pid9450

And a quick summary of two boys marching across the desert trying not to be antisocial...

Epaphroditos:
- has had difficulties with his water magic in his jungle land and tells Dustfinger of this
- tries to make a small cloud rain on his bat orchid and ends up starting a torrential downpour

Dustfinger:
- his inkheart rabbits are not talking to him, though he hasn't quite registered this as a problem just yet
- notices what looks like a dust storm despite the rain... is it another magic issue?

Find

Anevay Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
As you journey on, the magic begins to feel even stranger. Despite the dust storm in the middle of a downpour, something seems to shift. It's as if magic itself has noticed your investigation... and your use of magic. 
It's as if suddenly magic swells around you, teasing you, playing with you. It swirls around you, then dashes away, bidding you to follow.

Anevay sighed happily, soaking in the warm waters of her oasis. Yes, letting the stallions deal with the heavy lifting of this investigation was a great idea. She herself could use some rest after her last sporting match after all!
Just as she is about to drift off to sleep, she is startled to full wakefulness by a downpour. Letting out a few choice curse words, Anevay surged to her feet, surprised when a blast of fire magic spits out around her. 
"What does a deity have to do to enjoy some nice time in an oasis!" she shouted at the sky, before pausing. The thought of her helpers had crossed her mind. That one, Epa.... He was one of Haukea's Icy Region Mystics, wasn't he? 
With a grumble, Anevay shook out her steaming coat and stomped off after them. So much for letting them do the heavy lifting!

"What is with this rain you jer-" Anevay began to shout as she caught up to the two stallions but abruptly cut off as she felt the surge of magic. "What in tarnation was that?!"
"Magic," Epaphroditos said dryly. 
"I know it's magic, but that doesn't explain why," Anevay said, with a snort, eyeing the stallion. Yup, this downpour is totally his fault. 
She then turned on Dustfinger. "Finger, you didn't encourage this did you? Never mind that," Anevay said, whipping back around to the mystic. 
"Come on, Finger, Dorito," Anevay snapped, with a bit of a sly grin. Yes, she had totally picked up on Epaphroditos's lack of care for nicknames and was using it to her full advantage. "We are going to figure this out."
Without further ado, Anevay marched into the desert, with the full expectation that the stallions would follow. 

The magic went in waves, flickering like flames. Anevay's fire grew brighter and dimmer with each wave, as if she herself was a beacon to follow. She was fully expecting to find some silly remnant of chaos she could banish (really, it was chaos who on earth would expect her to chase down every little bit after the Solstice? She had better things to do). Instead, she found a sapling.
"This isn't one of mine," Anevay said skeptically. 
"It doesn't look like a desert plant," Epaphroditos agreed. 
Dustfinger studied the plant, but for someone not familiar with the desert region it was hard for him to tell what wouldn't be native and what would. But it certainly didn't look like any tree he had seen in his travels. 
Anevay approached the sapling, sniffing around it and snorting softly as she saw the object embedded in the roots. There was something about this tree....
"Finger, Toro, I have a new task for you," Anevay demanded. "Remove this object, but don't hurt the tree. It seems important. I gotta go discuss something with the other deities," Anevay said, and turned with a flourish, heading into the desert once again. Off to talk with the other deities... or maybe take a nice oasis nap first. Who knows? 

Prompt: You are tasked to figure out how to safely remove the object embedded in the tree roots.

(570 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Words Literature = +2, Event = +1)

Find

Witchcraftsy Offline

Team Daddy
Threads: 272
Favorite color: RebeccaM-Art
Group Overview for Part II:

Dusty wants to dig around the tree roots using just his hooves and horn to loosen the object.

Epaphroditos being impatient and now very annoyed with the nicknames wants to just use acid on the tree and melt the roots away.

However, Dusty is opposed, thinking that could damage the object.

Eventually, they come to an agreement where Dusty will dig and Epaphroditos will use his water magic to fill the hole and help loosen the stone.

We will be continuing on the thread we started, but the first post will be labeled "Beginning of Prompt II"

@LovellaTorendo

[Image: 22902415_69VD4OCsLekSLt0.png]

Find

Anevay Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
(11-16-2021, 04:28 PM)RebeccaM-Art Wrote: Group Overview for Part II:

Dusty wants to dig around the tree roots using just his hooves and horn to loosen the object.

Epaphroditos being impatient and now very annoyed with the nicknames wants to just use acid on the tree and melt the roots away.

However, Dusty is opposed, thinking that could damage the object.

Eventually, they come to an agreement where Dusty will dig and Epaphroditos will use his water magic to fill the hole and help loosen the stone.

We will be continuing on the thread we started, but the first post will be labeled "Beginning of Prompt II"

@LovellaTorendo

A fun approach!  I look forward to seeing how it all works out.

Find

LovellaTorendo Offline

Just going to drop our link in here again: https://quirlicorns.com/community/showth...p?tid=4400

Prompt 2 starts at post #5.

Find

Anevay Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
Anevay stood with the other Deities in a small area of the Astral Realm, as they discussed the sudden appearance of multiple trees in their regions. 
"It is too much of a coincidence," Aberfa was saying. "I have these strange dreams during the Equinox, then these trees show up and have strange dark objects embedded within them?"
Aberfa used her magic to share the image of the object that had been in her Mountains Region tree.
"Yes, that is very much how mine looked," Jagmeet agreed, the stoic Plains Deity seeming more concerned than he normally was. One by one the other Deities agreed, Anevay giving a disgruntled snort and a nod. 
Zahavah, who had been watching over all from a distance, appeared before them. 
"I, too, have pondered this," she said, and the Deities turned to her. "But I have an idea. Not about the objects, per say, but about the trees."
So Zahavah led the other deities to see what she surmised. 

The fiery Desert Deity marched back through the sands, slightly miffed but also brimming with excitement. Finally, some answers! Well, sort of. The object, not so much, but now they had a 'fancy name' for it. Anevay would rather call it a pain in the ass, but that wasn't quite up to her. 
Unfortunately for the pretty pumped mare, any excitement she had at the clear sky, some answers, and chance to boss around Quirlicorns was quickly dissolved when another rain cloud popped into existence above her, drenching the deity. 
"Oh for-" Anevay let out a stream of expletives that could curdle milk. That dang Icy Mystic!
That was her first task when she got back to them. 

"Tito!" Anevay's voice rang out moments before she arrived, glaring at the Icy Mystic. "Your lil rainstorms are gonna make my mane and tail frizzy!"
Well, more like steamy. Flames still flickered along them, but the rain was turning her mane and tail into steam clouds. Sure, Tito had a nice lil raincloud, but magic was still a bit wonky and now Anevay had one too!
"Ugh. Listen you two," Anevay began, then spotted the object was out. "Ah, yes!"
"I will just take that," she said, scooping the object into a magic bag or whatever you wanted to call it. Anevay hadn't asked details, but Zahavah said it was to help keep the dark magic contained? Something like that. 
"Okay, here's the deal. This Dark Artifact is coming with me. It seems to suck magic away, unlike our artifacts which give magic, yadda yadda, hence why they all voted on this name. This lil sapling is apparently a Sacred Dew Tree sapling, and therefore very important, yes?" Anevay looked between the two stallions. 
"So Pappy, Finger, next plan of attack! Give it... I dunno, whatever trees need to get big and strong. I'm gonna go put this somewhere safe," Anevay gestured to the bag, then nodded, spun around, and trotted away, the lil rain cloud still following her. 
"Bye for now!" 

Prompt: You are tasked with helping the young Sacred Dew Tree recover from the influence of the Dark Artifact 
(523 Words) +3 Chimes (+2 Literature, +1 Event)

Find

LovellaTorendo Offline

@RebeccaM-Art

Here is what we've decided:

Dusty is is going to insist that Epaphroditos is the plant expert among them, since he has one growing on him.

Epaphroditos is going to suggest that they need the help of a quirlicorn with plant or fertility magic.

They will agree to split up to see who they can find and meet back at the tree so their assistant(s) can put their magic to use. (They will find one of RebeccaM-Art's quirls that has the Golden Goose magic and one group horse that has plant magic!)

Search: