Thread Closed 

Find

Frysil Offline

Deities
Threads: 5
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,938

Linked Accounts
@Astralseed, @Aedrielle, @xxGaea You must collaborate on how each of you will move forward with the prompt.  If you require my assistance or have questions you may ask them here. 
Be certain that you submit your prompt endeavours (Group Overview) as a reply to this thread by the end of November 4th.  You may have a single member of the group post your Group Overview.
If you fail to post your Group Overview before the deadline there will be no blessings for you for this prompt.  

Frysil hummed to himself as he flew over the Windy Region. Despite everything going on, the Windy Deity was humming a cheerful tune, one that reminded him of springtime. 
He took a deep breath of the refreshing air and smiled to himself, having a good feeling about the Quirlicorns he had selected. 
There was so much to do, and so little time! However, that did not quicken Frysil’s pace as he looked over his lands from above. Yes, something was wrong in his region. Yes, it was a cause for concern. But he had time until the Quirlicorns arrived at the selected place, so he might as well take a moment to breathe the fresh air, and enjoy the day.

Frysil wasn’t far from the meeting place, so he noticed when a black winged mare was making her approach. His keen eyesight picked up on the streaks of green hued moonlight, and frost alighting her topline, and grinned. Yes, it was one of the Quirlicorns he had selected!
Morana, he thought her name was? Yes, that was it! Morana!
Frysil watched as the mare began her descent, and his humming changed to that of a more upbeat, adventurous tune. 
Frysil hadn’t had long thoughts on who to pick, but had rather relied more upon instinct and just general feeling. He knew that Morana could be cold as the frost on her back, but there was loyalty there. She was also a mare who would get things done, which was something needed in these times. 
As Frysil observed, he picked out the figure of a Skellicorn moving toward the meeting place, and nodded to himself. Oh yes, Goatse! A sweet stallion hid behind that objectively scary exterior, and Frysil felt that hint of mischief could play nicely to Morana’s own sensibilities. 
Frysil spotted the last of their triad approaching, the blue coated mare standing out against the grasses below. Caitriona, he remembered, and felt immensely pleased. Yes, Frysil thought to himself. That mix of curiosity, sarcasm, and hints of temper would do the group good. Each had their own spark, and their own good-will that would see things through. 
Frysil let them have a few moments to themselves before tilting his wings and diving to join them.

“Hellllllo there!” Frysil called out in his sing-song voice as he lightly landed a few feet away, seeming to move from flying toward them to trotting without a hitch. “I’m glad you all made it on time!”
Frysil slowed to a stop and felt very pleased with his choices upon closer inspection. “I’m quite thrilled you arrived, and especially weren’t late. That would have been disappointing. But nevertheless, you are here!” 
The Windy Deity seemed to catch himself, realizing he wasn’t quite getting to the point. 
“Well, nevermind that. We have serious business to attend to!” Frysil declared, the upbeat tone of his voice not exactly in line with the seriousness of the situation. 
“Magic is awry, us deities are not as strong as we normally are, and each region seems to be experiencing something strange! My dear Windy Region has been experiencing something strange, the winds are backwards!” 
Frysil noticed the confused looks and chuckled to himself. 
“Sorry. Best way to explain that one… Well. The wind, sort of sings, right? But now it's singing backwards! Strange and garbled sounds, really. And well, they have been damaging the land instead of enriching it, which is really just rude of it. Anyway, the wind seems to be blowing from inland instead of from the sea. Perhaps check there first! Oh, and I heard there may be a tornado or two, so beeeeeee careful!” Frysil spoke, ending in a very lyrical tone that sounded more like he was singing to them. 
“If you need help let me know, I’m going to be trying to learn this new song the wind is singing to me. Thanks!” Frysil grinned, before taking to the air, leaving three slightly baffled looking Quirlicorns behind. 

Prompt: “You are tasked to figure out what Frysil means by ‘singing backwards’ and investigate what might be causing the disruption in the winds of the Windy Region.”

(664 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Word Literature =+2, Event = +1)

Website Find

xxGaea Offline

Threads: 203
Favorite color: xxGaea
Morana: flying through the sky to feel for off wind currents
Goatse: uses windchimes to find any strange wind currents
Caitriona: Art - vibing at the coast to see if the wind coming from the ocean is doing anything weird

Find

Frysil Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
(11-03-2021, 07:52 PM)xxGaea Wrote: Morana: flying through the sky to feel for off wind currents
Goatse: uses windchimes to find any strange wind currents
Caitriona: Art -  vibing at the coast to see if the wind coming from the ocean is doing anything weird

Excellent choices, looking forward to what you all find!

Website Find

xxGaea Offline

Here is my art entry for this prompt <3 <3

Find

Astralseed Offline

Administrator
Threads: 432

11 Attached Accounts
Goatse's Adventure

[Image: yd2rufct]
Beep Beep, comin' through!

Find

Aedrielle Offline

Administrator
Threads: 1,402
Favorite color: Aedrielle
All Accounts Posts: 3,956

1 Attached Account
The Day Magic Died Pt 1

[Image: 43946337_3JMdherxG8QKHQs.gif]

Find

Frysil Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
As you investigate, you begin to notice that it feels like you are being watched. Not by the deity that has called upon you to assist them, but by something wilder, more untamed. It is as if the very magic of the region has taken notice of your efforts. The winds swirl, and the magic calls to the magic within you, pulling you toward the center of the region. You can feel it in the way the wind whistles through chimes, or teases your mane. The source of magic itself calls to you, beckoning you closer.
As you follow its lure, it becomes more insistent yet more playful. The winds whip and chase, the magic pulls and flees, a game of tag that sings in your very blood. It leads you to the center of the Windy Region, to a grand cliff among the rolling hills and long grasses. As you climb this summit, the winds seem to calm, as to not delay your arrival. 
Strangely enough, at the very top there is a sapling, not like any other tree in the Windy Region. It feels both familiar and foreign, something about it teases your mind, yet evades recognition. But the magic brought you here for a reason. Among its roots there is an object, foreign from anything you know. It is not made of any metal you recognize, nor stone you have seen. It seemed to be pulling the tree further from life, and toward something dark.

Frysil glided above the Windy Region, listening to the songs of the wind. As he drifted, he felt the shift, the change. The winds song changed, as did a strange pull of magic upon him. With curiosity and an inkling of confusion, Frysil directed his flight toward where the song and magic pulled from.
When he landed, he found the three Quirlicorns who had come to help him already there, standing around a sapling. Frysil blinked at the sapling in surprise, but quickly turned to the Quirlicorns.
"Ah, good!" Frysil exclaimed. "I see you have been investigating, and my, have you found something interesting!"

Frysil gave them a huge smile, and he watched as Morana tilted her head in confusion. "Oh, don't you feel it? The magic found your efforts worthy and led you here to help!" Frysil grinned. 
"Led us here... to help?" Cait asked, looking from Frysil to the sapling. 
Frysil nodded, but his attention was taken by the sapling again. "Tell me about your adventures while I take a look at this!" 
The three Quirlicorns shared a look. 
"Well... I checked out by the ocean to make sure there wasn't anything there messing with the winds," Cait said.
"I used my Chimes to follow the wind to the north," Goatse said, and Frysil gave that an approving nod and grin.
"And I flew inland to see if the wind currents continued to the edges of the region," Morana explained. 
"Wonderful!" Frysil said with an approving nod at the work they had put in. "Thank you all for your hard work. But I have another task for you. I feel this tree could be important. But this object... Well it just doesn't seem right! I need to confer with the other deities about this, but while I'm gone can you figure out a way to safely remove the object?"

Prompt: You are tasked to figure out how to safely remove the object embedded in the tree roots.

577 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Literature = +2, Event = +1)

Find

Aedrielle Offline

Administrator
Threads: 1,402
Favorite color: Aedrielle
All Accounts Posts: 3,956

1 Attached Account
Morana - Using her shield magic to form a barrier between the tree and object
Goatse - Using his Plant Magic to monitor the tree, and his rope to pull the object out.
Caitriona - Using Ice Magic to freeze the object and make it easier to pull out

[Image: 43946337_3JMdherxG8QKHQs.gif]

Find

Frysil Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
(11-16-2021, 03:18 AM)Aedrielle Wrote: Morana - Using her shield magic to form a barrier between the tree and object
Goatse - Using his Plant Magic to monitor the tree, and his rope to pull the object out.
Caitriona - Using Ice Magic to freeze the object and make it easier to pull out

It looks like you all have a good grip on how to proceed!  I'll be cheering you on from a distance.

Website Find

xxGaea Offline

Here is my prompt two entry <3 <3

Search: