[Image: 43946337_3JMdherxG8QKHQs.gif]

Find

Frysil Offline

Deities
Threads: 5
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,938

Linked Accounts
Frysil stood with the other Deities in a small area of the Astral Realm, as they discussed the sudden appearance of multiple trees in their regions. 
"It is too much of a coincidence," Aberfa was saying. "I have these strange dreams during the Equinox, then these trees show up and have strange dark objects embedded within them?"
Aberfa used her magic to share the image of the object that had been in her Mountain Region tree.
"Yes, that is very much how mine looked," Jagmeet agreed, the stoic Plains Deity seeming more concerned than he normally was. One by one the other Deities agreed, Frysil included. 
Zahavah, who had been watching over all from a distance, appeared before them. 
"I, too, have pondered this," she said, and the Deities turned to her. "But I have an idea. Not about the objects, per say, but about the trees."
So Zahavah led the other deities to see what she surmised. 

As Frysil glided over the Windy Region, he was deep in thought. First things first. Hope that his brave helpers had removed the object. The other deities had all agreed, something was not quite right here. 
Second.... Remove the object from mortal grasp. They had all agreed it felt too volatile, too dangerous, to leave around. The Dark Artifact, he mused. A term they had come to use for it given no other explanation. Whatever it ended up being, there was just too much uncertainty. 
As Frysil neared where the sapling had sprouted, he saw the trio of Quirlicorns resting, a strange object laying near them. They had succeeded! Frysil couldn't help the sigh of relief as he dove closer, circling twice before coming in for a landing. 
"You did it!" Frysil said, and three Quirlicorns turned to look at him. 
"Hello there!" Cait said, with a grin. 
"Did your plan work?" Frysil asked, inspecting the object with a look on his face that seemed partially confused, partially concerned. 
"Yes," Morana affirmed. "Goatse had some rope on him, and was a huge help in monitoring the sapling. Cait and I used our magics to help protect the sapling and make the object easier to pull out, and with the help of our familiars and guardians we used the rope to pull it out," she explained.
"You really have everything in that bag don't you?" Frysil said, grinning at Goatse.
"You should try the energy drinks," Morana muttered with a bit of a grin. 

"What is the object? It was really hurting the sapling," Goatse questioned, tilting his head. 
Frysil sighed, and for a moment he once again looked concerned, far from the jovial sing-song deity he usually was.
"We are not certain. I met with the other deities, and all of them found similar saplings and objects. We have taken to calling them Dark Artifacts but... They are not like the magic granting artifacts," Frysil said, glancing at Morana. Mor absentmindedly tossed her mane a bit, hiding the charm that had come from her own artifact crafting. 
"Instead of giving magic, they seem to steal it away. I will take this Dark Artifact away from here, so we deities can study it further. But I have one last task for you.... Help this tree heal. Help it, for all of our sakes," Frysil said, once again serious. 
He tucked the Artifact into a pouch, and turned to the Quirlicorns. 
"Help this tree heal, however you can. It is a sapling from our most sacred tree. We do not yet know why this is happening... But these are Sacred Dew Tree Saplings." 

Prompt: You are tasked with helping the young Sacred Dew Tree recover from the influence of the Dark Artifact 
(615 Words) +3 Chimes (500+ Literature = +2, Event= +1) 

Find

Astralseed Offline

Administrator
Threads: 432

11 Attached Accounts
Goatse will share his energy drinks, 
Cait will turn them into ice, 
and Morana will use chaos golems to melt the ice and nourish the sappling with the goodness of energy drinks turned ice cube, being melted into yummy awesomesauce.

[Image: yd2rufct]
Beep Beep, comin' through!

Find

Frysil Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
(11-28-2021, 02:54 AM)Astralseed Wrote: Goatse will share his energy drinks, 
Cait will turn them into ice, 
and Morana will use chaos golems to melt the ice and nourish the sappling with the goodness of energy drinks turned ice cube, being melted into yummy awesomesauce.

That's a very creative way to go about it.  I hope the sappling enjoys energy drinks and chaos Big Grin

Website Find

xxGaea Offline

Threads: 203
Favorite color: xxGaea
The final image--

Find

Aedrielle Offline

Administrator
Threads: 1,402
Favorite color: Aedrielle
All Accounts Posts: 3,956

1 Attached Account
Prompt 3

[Image: 43946337_3JMdherxG8QKHQs.gif]

Find

Astralseed Offline

Administrator
Threads: 432

11 Attached Accounts
Prompt 3
almost late D:

[Image: yd2rufct]
Beep Beep, comin' through!

Find

Frysil Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
As you tend the tree, it begins to perk up, and magic begins to swirl around the sapling and you. The magic fills you, bringing with it pure light and joy. Your body begins to glow, the blessing of magic infusing you momentarily before it flows out of you, a golden light entering the tree. The essence of the magic within the world seems to gather, infusing the tree with its glowing golden light. Before your eyes the tree begins to grow, branches spreading and the trunk thickening. It is as if a hundred years of growth infuse it, along with the magic, as leaves grow and shed, endless cycles of years passing in mere moments. For a moment, the magic fills the area completely, a quite noticeable presence. It's as if all the threads of fate led to this point, this moment, blessing the brave Quirlicorns like yourself who put aside their own needs to help the deities, to help your world.
The tree's growth slows, reaching its final stage. Before you where a sapling once stood, choked by dark magic, is now a fully grown and impressive Sacred Dew Tree. The tree's branches sway slightly in a gentle breeze, and a single dew falls to your hooves, not like any seen before. 

The Deities gathered around the Sacred Dew Tree, or rather, the original Sacred Dew Tree. The discussion over the Dark Artifacts had progressed little, no Deity truly knowing what to make of the strange objects.
But the discussion came to a halt as magic rushed around them, their full power returning. Gasps of awe came, and murmurs of shock, as magic swelled, and the original Tree began to glow, shimmering light racing up its trunk, over its branches, and through its leaves. 
"Magic is back," Frysil sang, his eyes glittering with awe. "Back in full force!" 
Anevay stomped a hoof. "Finally!" she said, with a huff. Keir agreed with a snort of his own.
Jagmeet nodded in agreement. He was a lot more contained in his excitement, as was Haukea, but both of their eyes held that same shine of joy. 
Aberfa was quieter about it, her expression a bit more troubled.
"It does seem to be so," Zahavah said, gazing up at the tree.
A moment of silence fell over the gathered Deities as they stood in wonder of the free-flowing magic. 
"We must reward our helpers," Jagmeet said, and the others nodded. 
"I shall keep watch over these Dark Artifacts, and study them further. Go, and attend to your heroes," Zahavah said, and the Deities nodded and dispersed. 

The three Quirlicorns were still marveling at the strange Dews when Frysil seemed to appear before them.
"You did it!" The Windy Deity said joyfully. "I knew you could do it!" 
"How did you just appea- Never mind," Morana said, studying the dew. "What is this?" 
Frysil frowned slightly, moving closer to examine the Dews that had landed at the Quirlicorn's hooves. 
"Strange..." Frysil murmured. "It appears to be a new Dew!" 
"A new Dew?" Caitriona asked, her voice tinged with awe. 
"What does it do?" Goatse wondered, tilting his head. 
Frysil hummed to himself while examining the Dew. "What happened?" he asked.
Morana gave a slightly exasperated look at his non answer, before looking to the others. 
"We gave it energy drinks," Goatse said brightly. 
"I froze them, and Morana used her Chaos Golems to slow melt them and help the soil," Cait added. 
"Energy... Drinks?" Frysil asked, with a bit of confusion. "That is certainly creative!" 
"Give it to us straight, Frysil," Morana interrupted. "What are these Dews? Are they safe?" 
Frysil chuckled a bit. "Sorry, it's been a long few days. It appears they are Regional Dews! This one seems to house magic itself from the Windy Region, ready to be chosen." 
"It gives... magic?" Goatse said, as he quickly went over his knowledge of Dews. "I didn't know that could happen."
"It appears to be able to happen now! I guess the tree itself said 'Thank you!'. We Deities would also like to say thank you," Frysil replied, and the three Quirlicorns looked at him with renewed interest. The twinkle in his eye spoke of something fun.
"To each of you, for your contributions, I am gifting a unique magic that cannot be gained anywhere else," Frysil replied. 
"Goatse, you have been prepared for many of the steps of this journey. And you shall always have what you need from here on out. I gift you with Bag of Wonder, which shall be applied to your own bag. Now you can pull any item you need from it at will. Only one item at a time though," Frysil said with a laugh. 
"Caitriona, a gift of my own domain. For you, Sound of the Wind. You can activate the magic to hear the whispers on the wind, be it changes in weather, or the land around you," Frysil said.
"And for Morana," Frysil turned to the last mare, "I gift you with Steady Hooves. The magic can be used to either give you or another Quirlicorn a sense of calm, even in times of high pressure." 
The magics settled around the three Quirlicorns like a soft summer breeze, filling them with warmth. 
"Thank you, for all you have done," Frysil said, his wings fluttering. "Don't be a stranger!" he sang, as he leapt into the sky. 

(904 Words) +4 Chimes (750 Lit +3, Event +1)

Search: