Find Reply

Shaakir Offline

Threads: 2
Favorite color: Gr8ves
All Accounts Posts: 769

Linked Accounts
word count: 397 Chimes: 1

Dear Khaalida,

I wish this letter to find you and your own well and at peace. The last time we had visited things seemed rather chaotic, and though I know you had mentioned thriving amongst the chaos, I can’t quite say that I understand or think that healthy for most. Coyote has not grown silent about your Kingdom or the visits spent together, the environment you thrive in is unique and fitting to her style. She speaks highly of you and trusts your advice… which leads me to form this letter to you.

I have a special request. Coyote has never demanded my time and has always worked around my schedule when clients should arrive and throw off our plans for the day… She deserves to learn more and see more of the world. I suppose I am taking your advice of- ‘getting out’ as you put it, which means I will have less time at the practice.
Therefore, I am looking for a willing apprentice to learn my more traditional forms of healing and doctoring and come to you with your broad knowledge of many quirls and their families in hopes you might know of such a person that could fit the role.
As you can only guess, the Swamp is not for the carefree or faint of heart. My beloved is an exception. She is protected, but this apprentice may at times not be. Where my home rests is so close to Keir’s temple, directly in the heart of the swamp; monsters and beasts thrive. Some of which, like the Kappas, try to trick you when your eyes are turned. Whoever you recommend must be strong enough to stare down a swamp basilisk into submission, intelligent enough to defeat a kappa, yet gentle and tender to mend the scraped knee of a young child.
This list is very specific, but I trust your judgement. I have been searching far and wide lately, but have come empty handed. 

May we cross paths again soon, please… Coyote is still going on. She desperately needs a friend that can portal her away to gossip and tea time. 

Remain safe, and may the Gods bless you and your kingdom.

With sincerity-
shaakir. 

Find Reply

Khaalida Offline

Threads: 1
Favorite color: Aedrielle
All Accounts Posts: 3,956

Linked Accounts
Dearest Shaakir:

I must admit, you caught me at the perfect time! I was just thinking about Coyote and yourself, the attached parcel contains a new tea that has recently become very popular for you two to try. 
Thankfully the chaos of running so much land has recently become calmer; I made the decision as well to enlist some more help in running things so I will have more free time. My children have really stepped up to their roles, so if you would like to schedule a visit soon? Not to jump to the end of your letter, but I might have an idea for your portal comment. My brother, Ilkay, has an interest in technology alongside magic. For the past few moons we have been working on connected portal rings that act as a gate between places. Our most recent runs were a success, we sent a young stallion named Arasine and his guardian, Thalor, though them to the Plains Region. (I believe he is planning to travel the regions, so if you see him please be kind!). We are in the process of installing them in the lands of our alliance, as an easy mode of travel between places. If you would be open to it, Ilkay and I could visit your lands and install a portal to mine, so if either of you need a break it will be easy to reach my lands! 

On the note of an apprentice... I have thought long and hard about this. While I know many who are gifted in healing, there is one mare who stands out. Her name is Asteri, and she is not gifted in traditional healing magic. She has not had the easiest road, I do admit. She grew up in Torre, surrounded by healers, and when her first magic came in as Empathy instead of healing it was a lot for her to handle. She has, however, completed her studies at both The Silver and Gold towers, though her healer training is not yet complete. If you take her on, she will need some help. Asteri has always wanted to be a healer and help others, so learning a more traditional way would be good for her since her healing magic has not yet come through. She is a strong mare, and under your wing I feel she could do great things. On a more personal note, I greatly care for this mare, and she needs a friend. I feel like Coyote could be that for her, and you both can help her step into the role I've always felt she was meant to have. 

If you would prefer a more healing based apprentice I can suggest those as well, but none stand out to me as much as Asteri does. Let me know what you think; If you agree (and agree to the portals) I can bring her with me when Ilkay and myself visit, or simply portal her down myself. 

Hoping to see you and Coyote soon, and best wishes! 

- Khaalida

[Image: frey_burton_comple-by-Arborath-smol.png]

Find Reply

Shaakir Offline

Threads: 2
Favorite color: Gr8ves
All Accounts Posts: 769

Linked Accounts
Dear Khaalida,

Firstly thank you for the tea you had sent us, it had quite the kick but Coyote adored it. It's very easy to see how it had caught on to so many back in your Kingdom. I will be sure to save the rest out of reach, for special occasions.
      What a relief to hear! Now with more time on your hooves it will be nice to see where you put your extra time. That comment made me laugh, soon we should be able to visit. The idea would require some thought, but Coyote insists on putting a portal directly outside the house... I would be open to the idea to have one connecting your kingdom to the people in Beddingcona, however... Maybe not so close to our personal home. If successful, which I trust Arasine still being alive is proof that it is, then we can have easy access to trades between lands and exotic goods. And less energy spent to visit you more often, of course. If we do run into Arasine, we will offer whatever we can to aid him on his journey.

Asteri sounds like she would fit in quite well here. A good healer knows how to heal the wound, a great healer knows how to heal the heart. Being an Empath will go a very long way for this one. If there is a thirst to learn, she will exceed all expectations. I trust your judgement and I cannot thank you enough for the recommendation, hopefully she will be willing to endure the swamps... not many are so keen to take residency here. If all goes well I can guarantee she will be taken care of, Coyote has been trying to make living accommodations already. I try my best to be all that she needs, but this poor woman has never had close friendship outside of me. I pray that they get along well if Asteri is open to accepting this role.

Thank you for all of the help and time you have spared us, it is all greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a special gift. The flower in the package is called the Kappa's Cup. It may look like an ordinary white Lily, but once this massive flower blooms, the water that is sitting inside can bring one that drinks it the most clarity they have ever experienced. Use it on a day you plan to rest, and it will be the most relaxing day of your life. I commonly use it to cure Swamp Fever, outsiders and rarely locals start feeling trapped and overwhelmed by the swamp. It brings them back to normal again, quite a powerful magic if you ask me. Don't worry, if you decide you need more I will happily spare some from my personal stash. I openly admit, on the days where Coyote's chattiness is extreme, it helps me stay calm.

Give us a date and time that will work best for you and we will be waiting for you and your groups arrival. Stay safe.

-Shaakir

Find Reply

Khaalida Offline

Threads: 1
Favorite color: Aedrielle
All Accounts Posts: 3,956

Linked Accounts
Dear Shaakir-

I'm glad you and Coyote enjoyed the tea! I shall make sure to bring some more with my visit. I apologize for the delay in my response; since your last letter I got in contact with both Ilkay and Asteri. Asteri is honored by the opportunity, and has agreed to join you to learn from you. I think it is a relief to her, to be able to learn more. Also, it appears her second magic has manifested which she could use your help with as well. Asteri's second magic has appeared as Shapeshifting. I know it was a bit of a hit to her, not manifesting healing magic yet, but I'm sure you two are the most qualified to show her how Shapeshifting magic can be quite the benefit to learning healing. She is a bit uncertain, but that has not quenched the thirst for knowledge which caused her to succeed in her studies thus far. 

Ilkay assures me he shall have all preparations made to set up the portals by the end of next week; if it that time works for you we could come them! Asteri assures me she is ready for travel whenever we are, so she would be able to join us and start learning your medical arts quickly. I have a bit of paperwork to finish up before we go, I've been working on officially setting up counties within my Queendom which is more paperwork than I expected! But it will help to have an easier way for my people to get assistance or raise concerns as needed if they have local representatives. No one told me just how much of my days would be spent looking over papers and laws and concerns when I became Queen. So I'm also setting up various advisory boards and planning boards to help cut down on all the papers that come across my desk... hopefully. 

But anyway, complaining aside, I hope to see you both soon!

- Khaalida

PS. The Kappa's Cup really did help! I felt like I was able to release every bit of tension and just truly relax, thank you! 

[Image: frey_burton_comple-by-Arborath-smol.png]

Search: