Thread Closed 

Find

Haukea Offline

Deities
Threads: 5
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,939

Linked Accounts
As you explore the Icy Region, you begin to notice a pull. Be it the winds fighting which way you wish to turn your boat, the waters seeming to shove you around, or just a general feeling, it's as if you are not quite alone in this adventure.
As you venture onward, you begin to notice it feels a lot like the magic of the region. It calls to you like a siren, drawing you closer.

Haukea drifted beneath the waves, quietly keeping track of her brave adventurers. She couldn't help but be pleased, for they were well prepared and working well together. They were not just rushing off to see what they could find. Haukea had watched as they packed, drew up maps, and boarded the boat.
Yes, she had chosen well. 
As she drifted along, she began to notice a shift in the currents and a pull in the core of her magic. What a strange feeling it was, as if it were no longer just the currents carrying her along!
Haukea looked back up to the boat high above, and noticed it seemed to be being pulled as well, in a strange way. 'I guess it's time to meet my adventurers,' Haukea thought to herself. This strange pull was too much to ignore. 

Haukea popped up in front of the boat, much to Hjalmar, Oruka and Ceto's surprise. The aloof Icy Region deity hadn't made a personal appearance yet, but to have her make such a sudden appearance was not really what anyone expected. 
"Hello there," Haukea said, appearing to swim above the boat. It was certainly strange to see a Quirlicorn swimming on land! 
"Where did you come from?" Hjalmar asked, not noticing the looks that Ceto and Oruka gave him for addressing the deity so bluntly. 
"I felt a strange pull of magic," Haukea explained. "And I noticed a shift in the currents. It feels... important and I think we should follow it."
Hjalmar, Oruka and Ceto exchanged a look. There really wasn't any way to suggest different when a deity appeared above your boat, so with nods, they set off again.

Haukea swam out front, the occasional sea creature swimming up to join her for a bit, and the boat brought up the rear as they cut through the waters. As they followed the pull, the feeling of magic grew stronger. It was as if the magic of the entire region, and really, everything else in the region, was being thrown out of whack by this pull. With such a drain on the magic, who was to say what could go wrong in the regions?

They came to an area where it was required to disembark from the boat, and Haukea joined them above the ice, swimming through the air once more. The Deity stayed mostly to herself, quietly observing and getting a better feel for her Quirlicorns. It took her a while to warm up, after all. 
"What's that?" Oruka asked, noticing an unfamiliar shape forming in the distance. 
"It almost looks like a tree," Ceto observed, tilting her head. "I didn't think trees could grow here."
"They normally don't," Haukea replied. 
As they got closer, it was revealed to be a young tree, hardly more than a sapling. It was certainly not anything that grew naturally in the Icy Region. But the pull of magic had led them here, so it must be something important. 
"What is a tree doing out here?" Hjalmar wondered, and Haukea drifted closer to take a look.
It felt familiar yet strange, something of an old memory teasing her mind. As she examined it closer, she noticed a strange object embedded in its roots. Haukea floated, pondering it for a moment. 
"This object needs to be removed," Haukea finally said. "Adventurers, I have a new task for you! Remove this object, but don't hurt the tree. If it's what is pulling the magic, we don't want to damage the tree. But that object is not right. I must confer with the other deities about what we found here, I will be back to see your progress shortly!" 
With that, Haukea created a hole in the ice for herself, and dived down into it, the ice reforming almost as soon as she was gone.

Prompt: You are tasked to figure out how to safely remove the object embedded in the tree roots.

(734 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Words Literature = +2, Event= +1)

Search: