Thread Closed 

Find

Frysil Offline

Deities
Threads: 5
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,939

Linked Accounts
As you investigate, you begin to notice that it feels like you are being watched. Not by the deity that has called upon you to assist them, but by something wilder, more untamed. It is as if the very magic of the region has taken notice of your efforts. The winds swirl, and the magic calls to the magic within you, pulling you toward the center of the region. You can feel it in the way the wind whistles through chimes, or teases your mane. The source of magic itself calls to you, beckoning you closer.
As you follow its lure, it becomes more insistent yet more playful. The winds whip and chase, the magic pulls and flees, a game of tag that sings in your very blood. It leads you to the center of the Windy Region, to a grand cliff among the rolling hills and long grasses. As you climb this summit, the winds seem to calm, as to not delay your arrival. 
Strangely enough, at the very top there is a sapling, not like any other tree in the Windy Region. It feels both familiar and foreign, something about it teases your mind, yet evades recognition. But the magic brought you here for a reason. Among its roots there is an object, foreign from anything you know. It is not made of any metal you recognize, nor stone you have seen. It seemed to be pulling the tree further from life, and toward something dark.

Frysil glided above the Windy Region, listening to the songs of the wind. As he drifted, he felt the shift, the change. The winds song changed, as did a strange pull of magic upon him. With curiosity and an inkling of confusion, Frysil directed his flight toward where the song and magic pulled from.
When he landed, he found the three Quirlicorns who had come to help him already there, standing around a sapling. Frysil blinked at the sapling in surprise, but quickly turned to the Quirlicorns.
"Ah, good!" Frysil exclaimed. "I see you have been investigating, and my, have you found something interesting!"

Frysil gave them a huge smile, and he watched as Morana tilted her head in confusion. "Oh, don't you feel it? The magic found your efforts worthy and led you here to help!" Frysil grinned. 
"Led us here... to help?" Cait asked, looking from Frysil to the sapling. 
Frysil nodded, but his attention was taken by the sapling again. "Tell me about your adventures while I take a look at this!" 
The three Quirlicorns shared a look. 
"Well... I checked out by the ocean to make sure there wasn't anything there messing with the winds," Cait said.
"I used my Chimes to follow the wind to the north," Goatse said, and Frysil gave that an approving nod and grin.
"And I flew inland to see if the wind currents continued to the edges of the region," Morana explained. 
"Wonderful!" Frysil said with an approving nod at the work they had put in. "Thank you all for your hard work. But I have another task for you. I feel this tree could be important. But this object... Well it just doesn't seem right! I need to confer with the other deities about this, but while I'm gone can you figure out a way to safely remove the object?"

Prompt: You are tasked to figure out how to safely remove the object embedded in the tree roots.

577 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Literature = +2, Event = +1)

Search: