Keir's Revenge Matrix

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Find Reply

illumipyre Offline

Threads: 163
Favorite color: illumipyre
All Accounts Posts: 268

1 Attached Account
Whym gave the other a pointed glare when her stomach grumbled. Well, they were either knocked unconscious for days until now, or that quirlicorn was lying. She decided to stick with the latter one, although the quirlicorn didn’t seem like she was. 

“Antares,” she tested on her tongue. “An-tar-es. I’m assuming that the ‘er’ part isn’t part of your name. I could be devastatingly wrong about that, but I’m going to say that your parents don’t call you ‘er’ all the time and that you probably prefer Antares to that.” She paused, taking a moment to catch her breath. “Well, your name isn’t that strange. I’ve heard of stranger ones before. Stranger! Doesn’t that word remind you of Stranger Things? I’ve heard about it from my- my parents when I was super duper young. But I haven’t read it or seen it before. It makes me think that it has something to do with gardening because my entire family loves gardening and whatnot. Well, more of gardening than the whatnot part.”

Whym prodded at the walls of the grass, stepping back when she found that those hurt for some reason. It didn’t feel like paper cuts either, more like sharp blades trying to intrude into her hoof. Before she could mention it, her attention was diverted by the mane comment. 

“But your mane looks so awesome,” she gaped. “Not like good, but like awesome. You know what I mean? I’m so jealous of your mane. Seriously. What shampoo do you use? Conditioner? Brand of mane brush?” She narrowed her eyes, moving closer to the other mare. “It’s just so sparkly, you know? If we’re in a dark corner sometime, I bet that you can be like a random lantern of hair! Okay, okay, don’t give me that look. I won’t call you jack o'lantern… probably.” Chuckling at her own joke, Whym dipped her head down to sniff the grass at that end. 

She decided, “It smells more real!” Her tail was swishing with excitement, and she leapt to the other side. “Also better,” she added, “Much better.” Ears perked up, Whym chose a direction. “C’mon! Maybe it’s a stream or something. Water is good. Sometimes. Actually, maybe not now, but it’s the best lead we have. If it’s danger, RUN!” The dirt floor was easy to trot over, at least, although she did expect some dew with the grass poking out. 

One of the first lessons she learned was that all plants, including grass, needed water, but just varying amounts. Maybe they were very special grass…? At the very less, they won’t die yet, probably, but Whym didn’t want to try the grass in case it was poisoned or something. It didn’t behave like normal grass, anyhow. 

At the magic question, Whym shook her head. “Nope!” she grinned. “Funnily enough, I came here to learn magic. Well, not here here, but like the Swampy Region here, if you know what I mean. But I do have some gardening skills.” She eyed the ground. “Not that it’d be super useful, but I will say that you should probably not eat the grass unless it’s an emergency. Something about it is wrong. Well, feels and looks and behaves wrong anyways. What were we talking about…? Oh, right! Magic! Do you have any?” 

She kind of hoped that Antares did, although she doubted it too. Which quirlicorn with magic would get into this situation that easily? Especially without even knowing that Keir was the one who trapped them?

Then again, Keir was way overpowered for even a magical quirlicorn to even hope to win against. 

“By the way, what’s your favorite flower? I can tell you all about it. Like the fact that broccoli is actually a flower. I know, strange, isn’t it? Oh! And the fact that tulip bulbs can be substituted for onions. I don’t have a favorite. Mother always said that that’s an anomaly, and I quite happily agree! I don’t like normal. It sucks. Normal is just so plain and… normal.” 

Whym suddenly stopped as there were two routes, a left and a right. She sniffed the air. “Both sides smell the same. What do you think, Antares?” Whym turned, looking at the other mare as though she held all the answers. “Which way should we go?”

Total Word Count: 718
Whym: 2066 // 8 chimes [total]
Antares: 1785 // 7 chimes [total] 

shall we dance?

Search: