Keir's Revenge Matrix

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Find Reply

illumipyre Offline

Threads: 163
Favorite color: illumipyre
All Accounts Posts: 268

1 Attached Account
“Magical? Of course it’s magical!” Whym replied, following Antares’ lead as though the latter knew exactly how to navigate this… interesting maze. “If it wasn’t, then there would be marks on the walls that you—well, me too, but we can ignore that part—crashed into. Quirlicorns are warmblooded, so unless we both managed to somehow develop the body temperature magic-thingy, it’s magic.” She yawned, her colorful coat seeming to ripple slightly, as she trotted down the maze corridors. Although she had enough sleep (while she was knocked out), Whym was still tired from going through the maze for probably hours so far.

And not only that, but Whym was hungry. “Probably Keir,” was Whym’s response to Antares’ question on if she felt any other creature in the maze with them. She refrained from insulting the deity, even though her chest bubbled with several choice words that she wanted to blurt out. Though, Whym didn’t have a death wish yet, so she’d reserve her shouting for later. Preferably, when the two were out of this place and in a different region so Keir couldn’t catch them. 

“Zombies?” she shuddered as the green, broken quirlicorn came over. “It’s smelly.” Perhaps the latter sentence was very unnecessary, but at least she didn’t insult Keir with it. “Antares-” she cut herself off as the zombie continued to head towards them, scenting the air for fresh meat and brains. When the zombie’s gaze cut towards the two quirlicorns, Whym stepped back, nearly tripping over her white-blue tail, and galloped in the opposite direction. 

Despite Antares’ warning, Whym refused to slow down. “We have to run!” she shouted over the speed she was traveling as Antares changed her mind and began to gallop after her. Dodging the first wall due to her forming a zigzag pattern, she had plainly hit the second. She cursed Keir in her head. She had smacked into enough walls that day, thank you very much. 

Wasting a few seconds by rubbing her hoof on her head before returning to her previous speed, Whym exclaimed, “Hey, maybe I can be an egghead now! There’s definitely a few bumps on it! Could they work as speed bumps for carriages? Hmm… No, I think that that would hurt quite a bit, and hospital bills are so expensive. Have you ever been to the hospital before? I think that both of us would need a checkup after this.” And probably a non-zombie therapist, though Whym didn’t voice that part out loud. “By the way, how common are zombies in your region, wherever you came from? I’m pretty sure it’s not native in the Plains Region. At least, I haven’t seen any before today. So no, I haven’t dealt with flesh-eating or regular or whatever zombies!” 

“At least they’re not fire-breathing though?” she continued after a slight pause of crashing into another wall. Much to Whym’s dismay, this wall was very visible, but she had thought that it might’ve been one of the phase through ones. “Hey! Don’t laugh. I mean, you could laugh. Laughter’s very good for the soul, I think. And if it’s detrimental, I should be dead. I mean, we might die very soon, but you know what I mean. Oh wow. I said a lot of ‘I mean’s so far. How many do you think I’ve said?” 

A brief frown crossed over her face when Antares told her to focus. “But focusing is so boring… How can any quirlicorn deal with focusing? There might be a hungry zombie back there, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t talk about your tail! Seriously, I’m going to have to change my tail to match yours. Do you think that the quirlicorns outside would think that we’re twins if I did actually do that? Hah! Hilarious!” 

Whym blinked. She could’ve sworn that she saw a cat-like figure with three tails ahead. But with a second glance, the figure had disappeared. “Hey Antares, do you know what a cat with three tails is?” Then again, she could be hallucinating. “Hmmm…” She took a quick glance behind her and paled when she found a second zombie chasing after them. “Actually, I think that we need to find the way out, Antares! Where is it?!”

Total word count (for this post): 706
Whym: 4417 // 17 chimes [total]
Antares: 4136 // 16 chimes [total]

shall we dance?

Search: