Thread Closed 

Find

Jagmeet Offline

Deities
Threads: 5
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,938

Linked Accounts
@QueenSunshineMonster, @Leliana, @Damien You must collaborate on how each of you will move forward with the prompt.  If you require my assistance or have questions you may ask them here. 
Be certain that you submit your prompt endeavours (Group Overview) as a reply to this thread by the end of November 4th.  You may have a single member of the group post your Group Overview.
If you fail to post your Group Overview before the deadline there will be no blessings for you for this prompt.  

Jagmeet walked through the Plains Region, the long golden grasses swaying around his legs. The Plains Region Deity had much on his mind, most of which centered around the discussion he and his fellow deities had. They were right, something was changing in their regions. 
The connection the Plains Deity had always had with his region and magics felt brittle, nearly gone. For the Deity who was always so connected to the earth, the essence of everything, it was quite the uncomfortable feeling. 
A strange feeling came over him as he walked through his land. The Plains felt empty for once. Whereas his magic had always connected him to the life around him, it was quiet now. He felt the grass against his belly, heard the calls of the birds overhead, but it was like he was an outsider. Was this how it felt for everyone else? With the weakening in his connection to the world around him it was hard not to feel isolated. For the nomadic and mainly solitary stallion, feeling lonely was not something he was used to. But perhaps these times were all something they were not used to. 
The great stallion paused on a small rise, gazing out over his lands. He was due to meet with those who had answered his call shortly, but his mind was elsewhere. He knew he should be considering how to word what he would tell them, the best way to guide his Quirlicorns in their quest. 
But the changes to his magic, the feeling of wrongness from their most Sacred Tree… ‘The energy is completely disrupted’. Zahavah’s words flitted across his mind, and Jagmeet felt it in his bones. 
“There is no time for hesitation or doubt,” Jagmeet said to himself, as he looked over the land he held so dear. “We must simply keep going.”
With that thought in mind, Jagmeet shook his great mane, and headed to where the Quirlicorns waited, a spot a few miles away. The walk helped him gather his thoughts, going over what he wanted to say. 

“Thank you for coming,” Jagmeet said, looking over the Quirlicorns who had gathered to his summons. He was pleased with those who had responded to the deities' request. Loraphine looked eager, her eyes bright and hopeful, which settled some part of Jagmeet. That same hope rode in him. Then came Namyli, and from her Jagmeet sensed loneliness, and a bit of mischief. Last was Damien, the large red stallion’s honesty and kindness seeming like a good balance for the others. Jagmeet nodded to himself as he looked them over, hoping they would be a good fit.
“I called you here because something is going wrong with magic. The Sacred Dew tree has been acting strangely, and our magic has followed. There are rumors of other magical or natural disturbances from around the realm. Particularly in my Plains Region, there have been rumors of strange weather, and earthquakes. I ask that you investigate these disturbances. I will do my best to assist you in your quest, if you have need of me,” Jagmeet said, meeting each Quirlicorns gaze for a few moments before going to the next. “I need your help. We need your help.”

Prompt: “Jagmeet asks that you investigate the rumors of strange weather and earthquakes in the Plains Region” 

(539 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Word Literature = +2, Event +1)

Find

Damien Offline

Threads: 121
Favorite color: DamienMuerte
Edited the Story out for less confusion

Find

Jagmeet Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
(11-03-2021, 10:49 PM)Damien Wrote: It was a long way to move into the plains, even with legs as long as Damiens, he had to travel a good while.  He barely left his desert and isolation, but in his dreams a Deity had called for help, day after day, and named him a date to meet in the plains.  On his travel there, he met with two other Quirlicorns that had the same dreams, that were called to find Jagmeet, and together, Loraphine, Namyli and Damien finished their travel to the place of their meeting.
The red Stallion did not know much about this deity, but that he was a travelling nomad and a great and honorable figure, and when they met him in person, he was stunned by his might and beauty, but also worried by the sorrows that lingered around his heart and mind.  Might the others not be able to sense them, but Damien could see them like a dark cloud.

And what all of them could sense on their travel, the connection to their magic that got weaker, was worded now by this deity.  Loraphine seemed instantly eager to help Jagmeet out, she definitely was forward going and energetic!  Namyli was a bit more distant.  She left a weird feeling in Damien, as she had tried to spook and scare him and Loraphine on their way to the meeting, and she nearly caused him a seizure by doing that. So he was a bit afraid of her, as if she was one of his older bullies, but there was this very strong vibe of loneliness she carried with herself.  Maybe she had been hurt herself, and her personality was a try to protect herself from more pain?  She did not seem so happy about the Quest they received, but Damien could see that she felt the disconnection with their magic as much as Jagmeet did. 
Damien himself just wondered why he had been included here.  Yes, he posessed strong magic, but he himself was weak and shy.  But, he would not question a deity. There must be a reason why he was needed here, and so, he lowered his head to the big stallion.
Of course, Damiens telephatic ability would allow him to call out to Jagmeet for help if they needed it, just as he told them, but he made clear there were others he needed to help and ask for their aid. The problem did not only occur on the plains region, but everywhere, and Jagmeet was in connection with the other deities as they spoke. And with that, he left them with their task. 

For a moment, they stood there a bit lost, until Loraphine started to walk around exited!
"Well, standing here wont help anything!" she said, raising her head high to look around. "...what should we do to help Jagmeet? How can we find out about the rumors?  I have not  yet seen strange weather here!" she said, twitching her ears as the others just looked at her for the moment.
"We should find local wildlife and ask them if they withnessed anything suspicious! We should look out for cracks in the earth or anything that might be caused by earthquakes, and see if we can find out what caused it!  We should use whatever power we posess, dont you think?" she asked them.
Namyli took a deep deep sigh. "..I dont posess much of Magic yet..." she admitted. Which felt a bit embarassing to her, and she showed it by pinned back ears. She questioned Jagmeets decision to even request her help. There were so many Quirlicorns in this world who would be better suited for this task, why her?  She yearned for a friend but she knew herself that she had flaws and her love for spooking others nearly put Damiens health at risk already. That made her feel uncomfortable towards the red stallion. Was that, what guilt felt like?
"....That is no problem.." Damien was sure.  He took a leap of faith as he felt the wave of a strange mood flood over Namyli, and he took a few steps forward to gently nudge her neck. "...we can help.  If this is about dying magic.. maybe it needs also someone with not much magic to find things we cant, because we rely too much on magic already.." he thought. "...but Loraphine is right... we cant just stand here... this land is big...  lets just look around for a while and do our best, and meet here again when the sun hits the trees..?" Damien offered. That would give each of them a bit time to think about something they could do, and maybe find hints they could look at together later.

That plan was not bad, and so, Namyli went in one direction, just generally scouting around the area. Maybe she could try to find some locals and ask them questions, though she was sure she might just spook them away.  Yet, the fact that Damien did not... seem to hate her for her prank that nearly made him fall, confused her. 
Loraphine went north and looked out for people to question aside from the general evidence one might find. She was confident as she could just shift into other animals to understand their language and communicate with them. She had no fear but a lot of interest for this task, though of course the lingering fear of a fading magic had a bitter taste.
Damien remained at the place for a few moments before he slowly walked a bit south, eyes and ears open to the land he didnt know.  His home was the desert, and he was overwhelmed by the plenty of food this land had to offer, but Jagmeet was right, something was wrong.  And he laid down in the open grass, closed his eyes and used his magic to draw a prophecy.

When the sun hit the trees, they came back together, each of them with worried faces. 
"...the animals here told me about weird weather shifts... there was even snow on a hot summer day for a moment. I found a collapsed cave and was able to open it with my telekinesis...  I bet it got shaken by an earthquake." Loraphine told them her findings.
"...I found... cracks in the earth that do not look like they came from dryness.. this land is not dry..." Namyli reported. "...I could not look inside sadly, but I could lead you there..  this was for sure an earthquake. And the magic there feels... weird..." she said, even though she did not posess too many different kind of magics yet.
"...I tried to read a prophecy for this land.." Damien said, and his ears twitched nerviously. "...it was dark and wicked, and not clear at all.. something terrible will happen if we cant find a solution to this, but the picture faded as if the magic was too weak to keep it up..." he told them. "...I talked with some ghosts and asked them, and one of them died due to an earthquake... they told me that earthquakes were not common for this area, but now they are..."

"I would say we investigate our findings together now, so we can tell Jagmeet what we found out!" Loraphine  suggested, and they followed her to find out more about those earthquakes and strange weathers, together.
They went to Loraphines collapsed cave and lighted it up with fire to see inside.  They traveled to Namylis cracks and tried to find a connection to the earth, Damien even tried to draw Lava from it in case it was a volcanic earthquake. And while they did that, they logged the changing weather they got told by locals and summoned ghosts down for Jagmeet to see.  And with those findings, Damien tried to contact Jagmeet to tell him about their investigations.

1300 + words, 5 Chime points

We were not sure what exactly is asked of us and got a bit lost in the cool topic here XD  It was a lot of fun bringing our Characters together! 

But here is a short overview about what each of our Chars can do:

Loraphine: 
She is the one moving the group and open to talk with strangers. She can shapeshift to communicate with other species and to fit into narrow spaces or fly where she wouldnt reach as a Quirlicorn. She can use fire, telekinesis, ice and has healing powers.  

Namyli:
She has not much magic yet, but can attempt this quest from a more neutral view as she does not rely on magic so much than the others and can help where the lack of magic would disturb Loraphine and Damien. 

Damien:
He can talk with the deceased, he is an empath and able to use prohpecys, and he has a good usage of all kind of fire magics that can prove very helpful. But his most useful skill is definitely his empathy towards his surroundings. We made his attempt on a prohpecy fail because we dont know where this quest will lead us.

Hi, can you please list what each character will do to investigate the rumors of strange weather and earthquakes in the region? We need to know what each character will do rather than what they can do.

Find

Leliana Offline

Threads: 43
Favorite color: Leliana86
All Accounts Posts: 115

1 Attached Account
(11-04-2021, 12:39 AM)Jagmeet Wrote: Hi, can you please list what each character will do to investigate the rumors of strange weather and earthquakes in the region? We need to know what each character will do rather than what they can do.

Namyli is doing a general scouting of the area to see what she can find.
Loraphine is questioning those that live in the plains area to see if they know anything.
Damien is asking ghosts and trying to scry a prophesy of what is going on

Is this what you were looking for?

Huh Error 404: Artist Not Found  Huh

Find

Jagmeet Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
(11-04-2021, 01:06 AM)Leliana Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 12:39 AM)Jagmeet Wrote: Hi, can you please list what each character will do to investigate the rumors of strange weather and earthquakes in the region? We need to know what each character will do rather than what they can do.

Namyli is doing a general scouting of the area to see what she can find.
Loraphine is questioning those that live in the plains area to see if they know anything.
Damien is asking ghosts and trying to scry a prophesy of what is going on

Is this what you were looking for?

Yes, this is perfect.  Thank you very much!

Find

Leliana Offline

Threads: 43
Favorite color: Leliana86
All Accounts Posts: 115

1 Attached Account
I'm  not entirely sure if we were supposed to enter our week's art/lit on this thread or not....

Week 1 Prompt

Huh Error 404: Artist Not Found  Huh

Find

Jagmeet Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
(11-07-2021, 11:00 AM)Leliana Wrote: I'm  not entirely sure if we were supposed to enter our week's art/lit on this thread or not....

Week 1 Prompt

Yes, here is where it should be posted, thank you!

Find

QueenSunshineMonster Offline

Threads: 339
Favorite color: QueenSunshineMonster
All Accounts Posts: 503

2 Attached Accounts
The Day Magic Died [Prompt 1]
[Image: the_day_magic_died__weather_and_earthqua...traRXJ4R38]

[Image: JkUuIJw.png]
"Great minds think alike, but fools seldom differ"

Find

Damien Offline

Threads: 121
Favorite color: DamienMuerte
[Image: the_day_magic_died___prophecy_by_damienm...BljO631TDw]

https://www.deviantart.com/damienmuerte/...-897555880
Sorry for the earlier confusion. I was a dingus. XD

The Story is now here: 

https://toyhou.se/~literature/105695.the...gic-died-1

Find

Jagmeet Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
As you investigate the region, magic takes notice of you. It feels like something is watching you, but as you continue to investigate the magic grows stronger. Soon, you can feel the magic swelling around you, as if trying to pull you in a certain direction....

Jagmeet was wandering the Plains Region, as he often did. In fact, the times that the deity stayed in one place for an extended period of time were few and far between, preferring to go where he felt the need or want to. 
It was coming up on time to check back with his brave volunteers, but before he could do so he felt a strange surge in the depleted magic. It was as if it was being pulled and drained somewhere, calling for those who felt it to follow.
The Plains Deity paused in indecision for a moment. This magic felt strange, but at the same time, he should check up on the Quirlicorns. 
He reached out with his nearly drained magic, and searched for the location of his helpers. 
'Good,' Jagmeet thought to himself. 'They are in the path of this pull. I can do both.'
So the Plains Deity set out to find the Quirlicorns. 

"Jagmeet!" 
Jagmeet smiled as he heard Loraphine's excited shout. 
"We were hoping we would find you, we wanted to tell you about what we found!" 
Jagmeet nodded, looking between the three Quirls and was glad to find them all in one piece. 
"Let us walk while we talk," Jagmeet offered, and started walking toward where the magic pulled. 
"So I talked to some of the locals," Loraphine began. "One of which was Hey Now! We found out that the issues are widespread, but the actual cause of the earthquakes seems to still be a mystery."
"Ah, yes, Hey Now is indeed a wonderful helper," Jagmeet agreed fondly. "I noticed the same as I traveled, many are seeing these issues."
"I investigated the area as well, focusing on how the land looked.  I noticed evidence of earthquakes, but nothing to quite tell me the cause," Namyli supplied. 
"None of the locals had any ideas either," Loraphine added. 
Jagmeet nodded, and frowned slightly. "It's a shame that no one was able to provide additional information into why."
"I talked to ghosts... and I had a vision. It wasn't good," Damien said softly. "The magic was weak, but I saw darkness and got a bad feeling about all of this before it faded. But none of the ghosts had any ideas either..." 
Jagmeet took a moment to process the information. "Do you feel the pull on your magic?" he asked. 
A trio of confused confirmations confirmed his suspicions. "We are headed in the direction it's pulling from. I wish to see what we can find there." 

When they arrived, a sapling waited for them. "Odd," murmured Jagmeet. It did not feel like a normal sapling, not anything that grew in the Plains Region. 
"This tree seems to be the source of it... yet not." 
As Jagmeet examined the sapling closer, he noticed an object embedded into the roots. It became clearer to him then. The magic was asking them to help this tree. As he reached out with his magic, he felt the young tree trying to grow, and screaming as it tried and yet was thwarted by the dark object. 
"I believe if we remove this object safely, we can figure out what is going on here. This matter requires me to confer with the other Deities, so I will leave this task to you," Jagmeet said, turning to Loraphine, Namyli and Damien. 
"Please help this tree."

Prompt: You are tasked to figure out how to safely remove the object embedded in the tree roots.

(627 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Word Literature = +2, Event= +1)

Search: