Thread Closed 

Find

Jagmeet Offline

Deities
Threads: 5
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,938

Linked Accounts
As you investigate the region, magic takes notice of you. It feels like something is watching you, but as you continue to investigate the magic grows stronger. Soon, you can feel the magic swelling around you, as if trying to pull you in a certain direction....

Jagmeet was wandering the Plains Region, as he often did. In fact, the times that the deity stayed in one place for an extended period of time were few and far between, preferring to go where he felt the need or want to. 
It was coming up on time to check back with his brave volunteers, but before he could do so he felt a strange surge in the depleted magic. It was as if it was being pulled and drained somewhere, calling for those who felt it to follow.
The Plains Deity paused in indecision for a moment. This magic felt strange, but at the same time, he should check up on the Quirlicorns. 
He reached out with his nearly drained magic, and searched for the location of his helpers. 
'Good,' Jagmeet thought to himself. 'They are in the path of this pull. I can do both.'
So the Plains Deity set out to find the Quirlicorns. 

"Jagmeet!" 
Jagmeet smiled as he heard Loraphine's excited shout. 
"We were hoping we would find you, we wanted to tell you about what we found!" 
Jagmeet nodded, looking between the three Quirls and was glad to find them all in one piece. 
"Let us walk while we talk," Jagmeet offered, and started walking toward where the magic pulled. 
"So I talked to some of the locals," Loraphine began. "One of which was Hey Now! We found out that the issues are widespread, but the actual cause of the earthquakes seems to still be a mystery."
"Ah, yes, Hey Now is indeed a wonderful helper," Jagmeet agreed fondly. "I noticed the same as I traveled, many are seeing these issues."
"I investigated the area as well, focusing on how the land looked.  I noticed evidence of earthquakes, but nothing to quite tell me the cause," Namyli supplied. 
"None of the locals had any ideas either," Loraphine added. 
Jagmeet nodded, and frowned slightly. "It's a shame that no one was able to provide additional information into why."
"I talked to ghosts... and I had a vision. It wasn't good," Damien said softly. "The magic was weak, but I saw darkness and got a bad feeling about all of this before it faded. But none of the ghosts had any ideas either..." 
Jagmeet took a moment to process the information. "Do you feel the pull on your magic?" he asked. 
A trio of confused confirmations confirmed his suspicions. "We are headed in the direction it's pulling from. I wish to see what we can find there." 

When they arrived, a sapling waited for them. "Odd," murmured Jagmeet. It did not feel like a normal sapling, not anything that grew in the Plains Region. 
"This tree seems to be the source of it... yet not." 
As Jagmeet examined the sapling closer, he noticed an object embedded into the roots. It became clearer to him then. The magic was asking them to help this tree. As he reached out with his magic, he felt the young tree trying to grow, and screaming as it tried and yet was thwarted by the dark object. 
"I believe if we remove this object safely, we can figure out what is going on here. This matter requires me to confer with the other Deities, so I will leave this task to you," Jagmeet said, turning to Loraphine, Namyli and Damien. 
"Please help this tree."

Prompt: You are tasked to figure out how to safely remove the object embedded in the tree roots.

(627 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Word Literature = +2, Event= +1)

Search: