Thread Closed 

Find

Haukea Offline

Deities
Threads: 5
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,938

Linked Accounts
@DozingBear, @Belldejour, @Autumn1185 You must collaborate on how each of you will move forward with the prompt.  If you require my assistance or have questions you may ask them here. 
Be certain that you submit your prompt endeavours (Group Overview) as a reply to this thread by the end of November 4th.  You may have a single member of the group post your Group Overview.
If you fail to post your Group Overview before the deadline there will be no blessings for you for this prompt.  

Deep within the frigid waters, beneath the ice flows, the deity of the Icy Region swam. Many thoughts crossed her mind, many of which were on the other deities' minds, Haukea assumed. She had not spoken of those concerns when they met at the Sacred Dew Tree, but she felt them, as she felt the others. 
Water was her nature, and water went with the flow. But when push came to shove, water could become ice, a solid and frozen presence that impeded one's path. 
The deities had sent out messengers or sought those to help them, and Haukea was the same, in many ways. Several had responded to aid her, and Haukea had been pondering her decisions on who might be the best fit.
As she swam along, her eyes turned toward the glimmer of light above as she entered the open ocean. A small shadow on the sea ahead told her she was getting close.
Unnoticed, Haukea rose toward the surface. The boat floated on the waves, the stallion on it the one she sought. The stallion, Hjalmar, had fit one of the requirements she had been looking for - someone who would get things done. Silently Haukea rose above the waves and deposited a shell on wooden plants of the boat, a message contained within. A time and a place to meet.
Her first task done, she dipped beneath the waves once more and swam toward her next goal. 

She found the second stallion, Oruka, far from any civilization. She had chosen him for his gentle nature, and perhaps a bit of bias for a Quirlicorn who, like herself, chose to live among the old ways. Slipping up through the ice, Haukea left a shell for him as well, with the same message within. Instead of dipping into the water, Haukea swam on land to find the third Quirlicorn she had selected. 
She found the mare of the group, Ceto, not far away from the place Haukea had chosen for them to meet. Upon seeing the mare, Haukea knew she had made a good choice. Calm and kind, a good balance for Hjalmar’s more blunt ways, and hopefully, a bridge to connect with Oruka and his own polite ways. A shell was left, and Haukea swiftly went back to the waters of the Icy Region, slipping under the ice with ease. 

Fast swimming took her to the meeting place, and Haukea wondered if perhaps she should have been a bit more direct in meeting these Quirlicorns and directing them. It was in her nature to be one of the more aloof deities, and getting a measure of the Quirlicorns in person before making an appearance seemed like a better option than bursting through the ice and going ‘It is I, Haukea, do as I bid!’ as she knew at least one if not more of her fellow deities would. 
She drifted within the water, watching through a patch of thin ice as the Quirlicorns arrived. Haukea was glad they had noticed her summons, and felt a smidge smug for a moment. There was no need to make a huge fuss. 
The message awaiting the Quirlicorns was written out on elegant paper, and Haukea watched as they gathered around. The words were burned into her brain, ones she had crafted over several days. ‘The Icy Region is in peril. It seems that something is causing the ice to melt, taking away land and habitat for the Icy Regions inhabitants. Please find out what is causing this.’
Haukea watched as they discussed, rising to take a closer look through the thin ice. 
“Please help us,” Haukea said softly, before slipping back into the depths of the water. 

Prompt: “You are tasked by a mysterious letter from Haukea to find out what might be causing the Ice in the Icy Region to melt”
(617 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Words Literature = +2, Event +1) 

Find

DozingBear Offline

Threads: 209
Favorite color: DozingBear
All Accounts Posts: 435

1 Attached Account
Ceto will be packing bags for the journey, Oruka will be making a map of the Icy region, and Hjalmar will respond by offering his ship for everyone to use in order to explore the Icy region (responding for the group as a whole)

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men....

Find

Haukea Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
(11-04-2021, 02:18 AM)DozingBear Wrote: Ceto will be packing bags for the journey, Oruka will be making a map of the Icy region, and Hjalmar will respond by offering his ship for everyone to use in order to explore the Icy region (responding for the group as a whole)

Thank you, work hard everyone!

Find

Belldejour Offline

Threads: 320
Favorite color: Belldejour
Autumn1185: Provisions
Belldejour: Map-Making
DozingBear: Embarking in the Icy Region

Find

Haukea Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
As you explore the Icy Region, you begin to notice a pull. Be it the winds fighting which way you wish to turn your boat, the waters seeming to shove you around, or just a general feeling, it's as if you are not quite alone in this adventure.
As you venture onward, you begin to notice it feels a lot like the magic of the region. It calls to you like a siren, drawing you closer.

Haukea drifted beneath the waves, quietly keeping track of her brave adventurers. She couldn't help but be pleased, for they were well prepared and working well together. They were not just rushing off to see what they could find. Haukea had watched as they packed, drew up maps, and boarded the boat.
Yes, she had chosen well. 
As she drifted along, she began to notice a shift in the currents and a pull in the core of her magic. What a strange feeling it was, as if it were no longer just the currents carrying her along!
Haukea looked back up to the boat high above, and noticed it seemed to be being pulled as well, in a strange way. 'I guess it's time to meet my adventurers,' Haukea thought to herself. This strange pull was too much to ignore. 

Haukea popped up in front of the boat, much to Hjalmar, Oruka and Ceto's surprise. The aloof Icy Region deity hadn't made a personal appearance yet, but to have her make such a sudden appearance was not really what anyone expected. 
"Hello there," Haukea said, appearing to swim above the boat. It was certainly strange to see a Quirlicorn swimming on land! 
"Where did you come from?" Hjalmar asked, not noticing the looks that Ceto and Oruka gave him for addressing the deity so bluntly. 
"I felt a strange pull of magic," Haukea explained. "And I noticed a shift in the currents. It feels... important and I think we should follow it."
Hjalmar, Oruka and Ceto exchanged a look. There really wasn't any way to suggest different when a deity appeared above your boat, so with nods, they set off again.

Haukea swam out front, the occasional sea creature swimming up to join her for a bit, and the boat brought up the rear as they cut through the waters. As they followed the pull, the feeling of magic grew stronger. It was as if the magic of the entire region, and really, everything else in the region, was being thrown out of whack by this pull. With such a drain on the magic, who was to say what could go wrong in the regions?

They came to an area where it was required to disembark from the boat, and Haukea joined them above the ice, swimming through the air once more. The Deity stayed mostly to herself, quietly observing and getting a better feel for her Quirlicorns. It took her a while to warm up, after all. 
"What's that?" Oruka asked, noticing an unfamiliar shape forming in the distance. 
"It almost looks like a tree," Ceto observed, tilting her head. "I didn't think trees could grow here."
"They normally don't," Haukea replied. 
As they got closer, it was revealed to be a young tree, hardly more than a sapling. It was certainly not anything that grew naturally in the Icy Region. But the pull of magic had led them here, so it must be something important. 
"What is a tree doing out here?" Hjalmar wondered, and Haukea drifted closer to take a look.
It felt familiar yet strange, something of an old memory teasing her mind. As she examined it closer, she noticed a strange object embedded in its roots. Haukea floated, pondering it for a moment. 
"This object needs to be removed," Haukea finally said. "Adventurers, I have a new task for you! Remove this object, but don't hurt the tree. If it's what is pulling the magic, we don't want to damage the tree. But that object is not right. I must confer with the other deities about what we found here, I will be back to see your progress shortly!" 
With that, Haukea created a hole in the ice for herself, and dived down into it, the ice reforming almost as soon as she was gone.

Prompt: You are tasked to figure out how to safely remove the object embedded in the tree roots.

(734 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Words Literature = +2, Event= +1)

Find

Autumn1185 Offline

Threads: 1
Favorite color: Autumn1185
Oruka will ask Goldfish to try and pry the object loose, Ceto will attempt to gently untangle the roots from around the object, and Hjalmar will be attempting to figure out if the tree is magical and will therefor respond to him

Find

Haukea Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
(11-14-2021, 12:38 AM)Autumn1185 Wrote: Oruka will ask Goldfish to try and pry the object loose, Ceto will attempt to gently untangle the roots from around the object, and Hjalmar will be attempting to figure out if the tree is magical and will therefor respond to him

A great approach!  I look forward to how it all works out!

Find

Belldejour Offline

Threads: 320
Favorite color: Belldejour
Belldejour: Sapling
Autumn1185: The day the Magic died part 2
DozingBear: Day That Magic Died pt 2

Find

Haukea Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
Haukea floated in the corner, gathered with the other Deities in a small area of the Astral Realm as they discussed the sudden appearance of multiple trees in their regions. 
"It is too much of a coincidence," Aberfa was saying. "I have these strange dreams during the Equinox, then these trees show up and have strange dark objects embedded within them?"
Aberfa used her magic to share the image of the object that had been in her Mountains Region tree.
"Yes, that is very much how mine looked," Jagmeet agreed, the stoic Plains Deity seeming more concerned than he normally was. One by one the other Deities agreed, and Haukea nodded along. 
Zahavah, who had been watching over all from a distance, appeared before them. 
"I, too, have pondered this," she said, and the Deities turned to her. "But I have an idea. Not about the objects, per say, but about the trees."
So Zahavah led the other deities to see what she surmised. 

Haukea swam through the air, then over land, then deep into the ocean. The Icy Region Deity made for the cool depths as soon as she could; she wasn't quite used to the warmer weather of the other lands. It was refreshing to be beneath the waves, where she was most comfortable. 
Down so low, the waters were dark, much like Haukea's thoughts. This was quite the disturbing event, especially with the news Zahavah had given. But the deity had hope. They all had skilled and brave Quirlicorns to aid them during these troubling times. 
Speaking of....
Haukea saw the boat in the water, and swam for it. As she rose out of the water she saw the trio of Quirlicorns eating snacks, the object no longer in the tree, and everyone looked safe. Haukea breathed a sigh of relief. 
"Haukea!" Hjalmar called out, the stallion jumping to his hooves. 
"Would you like a snack?" Oruka offered politely, gesturing to the hot chocolate and tea cakes. 
Haukea blinked in surprise before smiling. She loved hot chocolate!
As the deity settled in with her hot chocolate and cakes, she let out a sigh. 
"The object isn't anything the other deities have seen," Haukea began her explanation. "I feel I left you with a more dangerous task than it seemed."
"We got it done," Ceto said. "It fought us some, but we got it done."
"It seemed to work best when we worked together," Oruka added, and filled her in on how they had accomplished it. 
Haukea smiled once more. "I am glad you were able to accomplish the task," she said, "But I fear I have one more for you. This object, this Dark Artifact, is nothing like the Artifacts we craft that give us magic. It seems to do the opposite, and steal it away. Zahavah came to us, and revealed the findings of her own investigation. Saplings like this one here showed up in all of the regions... and they are saplings born of the Sacred Dew Tree. When fully grown, there will be a Sacred Dew Tree in every region."
Glances of surprise were exchanged, and Ceto frowned. 
"This object was attacking a Sacred Dew Tree sapling?" she clarified, and Haukea nodded.
With gentle movements, Haukea pushed the object into the bag Zahavah had given her for transporting it. 
"I must return to Zahavah, and take this Dark Artifact away from here. In the meantime, I ask of you - Please help this tree heal and grow."
Sealing the bag tightly, Haukea swam into the air above the boat. "Thank you for your hard work," she called out as she swam into the sky. 

Prompt: You are tasked with helping the young Sacred Dew Tree recover from the influence of the Dark Artifact 
(628 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Lit = +2, Event = +1)

Find

Autumn1185 Offline

Threads: 1
Favorite color: Autumn1185
Ceto will dig the tree a new hole
Oruka will use his fertility magic and his quantum manipulation to help it grow and make ice turn into more soil for it to be in
Hjalmar will pour hot chocolate near the tree to make small holes in the ice and give it more nutrients/sugars for growing

Search: