Thread Closed 

Find

Aberfa Offline

Deities
Threads: 3
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,938

Linked Accounts
@illumipyre, @Revan-Dawnstar You must collaborate on how each of you will move forward with the prompt.  If you require my assistance or have questions you may ask them here. 
Be certain that you submit your prompt endeavours (Group Overview) as a reply to this thread by the end of November 4th.  You may have a single member of the group post your Group Overview.
If you fail to post your Group Overview before the deadline there will be no blessings for you for this prompt.  

The Mountain Region Deity glided over her homeland, troubles clouding her mind. The dreams had been getting stranger and stranger since the Equinox, twisting her daytime thoughts as well. Thoughts of zombies twisted with scenes of dark places where no life could grow. And now… this. The strange disturbance had only grown, magic that had once roared to life within her cunning mind more feeble. What had once had the force of wild winds whipping through tall peaks was now a gentle breeze in a low valley. 
At least her companion deities had noticed the same, even if they didn’t take the dream of a zombie apocalypse on the dawn of the Equinox seriously. But this was serious, every bit of her magic told her so. Something was wrong.
Violet eyes scanned the ground below, looking for those who would aid her. The call had gone out for assistance, but Aberfa preferred to handle things in her own way. She was looking for those who had minds that would think deep, that would puzzle out the root of the issue they faced. In short, she wanted to be picky. No, she needed to be picky. The darkness tingling within her thoughts sang of danger and shadowed things to come.
Her mind was spread out like a net, gently brushing those of the creatures below. Some didn’t notice her gentle presence, some paused and looked around, but none quite fit what she was looking for.
A mind snagged on hers, an awareness that had Aberfa tilting the angle of her wings and turning toward it, honing in on that bright beacon of a mind. 
The veil over her presence lifted as Aberfa landed with a bit of force in front of the black and white mare. Her violet eyes met blue, and her mind picked up on the other Quirlicorn’s name. Zealin.
She sensed the adventure in the mare, the protectiveness and keen mind. This mare would be perfect.
“Zealin, I have need of you,” Aberfa declared. “Come to this place tomorrow at dawn.”
Aberfa impressed the image of a small valley in the middle of the Mountain Region upon Zealin, and swiftly took to the skies in search of more help. As she glided across the skies away from the black and white mare, Aberfa shuddered at the dip in her magic. Impressing the image into Zealin’s mind had taken a lot more of her reserves. She felt drained, but she knew she had to keep going.

Dusk was nearly upon the Mountain Region when another mind brushed Aberfa’s that fit her requirements. She dipped toward the Quirlicorn, skimming over the trees until she spotted them below. Opposite of the black and white mare, this mare was vibrantly colored with a glow that was easily spotted through the trees. Aberfa landed before the mare, and the name came to her. Sherbert Delight. 
“Sherbert Delight. Danger looms, and I require your assistance. Come to this place tomorrow at dawn,” the Mountain Deity commanded, once again imposing the image of the small valley within Sherbert Delight’s mind. 
With that, Aberfa took to the skies once more, to rest and recover before she met with the Quirlicorns in the morning. 

The dreams were the same troubled darkness with unclear answers. While her dreams had normally been straight and to the point, a warning or a vision, these were clouded, with no true purpose. When Aberfa awoke a bit before dawn, she took a moment to puzzle over the dreams and what they were trying to say… if anything. Her magic had been so unreliable of late, could it possibly just be bad dreams like the other deities had suggested…? But as dawn crept closer she shook her head and sighed, heading to the valley.
She glided overhead, watching as Zealin and Sherbert Delight approached the valley as she knew they would. She gave them a few moments together, and gave herself a few moments to gather her thoughts. One thing had been appearing multiple times in her dreams. A strange area in the mountains where there was nothing. She couldn’t feel anything, her magic couldn’t reach it, and when she had tried to find it from above it seemed something blocked her sight. All she had was a vague feeling of where it rested, a wound in her lands. 

Aberfa landed before the two mares without warning. “Good, you are here,” she said, skipping the pleasantries. “I have a task for you two. There is an area in the Mountains that has been rejecting my magic. It is an area toward the middle of the region, where no life stirs. It is completely unnatural, and blocks me from finding it. You two are going to find it, and investigate what is going on. I will check back with you in a week. Good day,” Aberfa informed the mares, before taking to the sky to ponder the developments in silence. 

Prompt: “You and your fellow Quirlicorn must work together to find and investigate the area in the Mountains that feels unnatural to Aberfa”

(826 Words) +4 Chimes (750+ word Literature = +3, Event= +1)

Find

illumipyre Offline

Threads: 163
Favorite color: illumipyre
All Accounts Posts: 268

1 Attached Account
Group Overview:
illumipyre- writing
Revan-Dawnstar- art
Zealin- tries to revive the land through her powers
Sherbert Delight- examines the rocks and draws out a map of region

shall we dance?

Find

Aberfa Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
(11-01-2021, 08:03 PM)illumipyre Wrote: Group Overview:
illumipyre- writing
Revan-Dewstar- art
Zealin- tries to revive the land through her powers
Sherbert Delight- examines the rocks and draws out a map of region

I'm pleased with your decisions and look forward to seeing their executions!

Find

illumipyre Offline

Threads: 163
Favorite color: illumipyre
All Accounts Posts: 268

1 Attached Account
Writing portion:
https://www.deviantart.com/illumipyre/ar...1636575123

shall we dance?

Find

Revan-Dawnstar Offline

Posting Freak
Threads: 800
Favorite color: Revan-Dawnstar
All Accounts Posts: 1,175

1 Attached Account
Art portion for part 1:
https://www.deviantart.com/revan-dawnsta...-897571425

Find

Aberfa Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
As you investigate the area, you begin to notice a pull on your magic... and what could almost be described as a bug buzzing around your head. Not outside, but rather in your brain, a mental sort of awareness. 
It seems to want to get your attention, and pull you in a certain direction. But before the strange magic can quite take hold, the Mountains Deity seems to simply appear in the sky above you. 

Aberfa felt the moment the strange magic changed, the moment her mind became aware of another presence. It seemed to be coming from near the area she had sent those Quirlicorns to investigate. Flashes of her zombie dreams and other dangers came to mind, and Aberfa raced toward where the magic was pulling. 
A wave of relief came over her as she saw the two Quirlicorns below... and a flooded meadow?
Aberfa landed lightly in the water, looking around in surprise. 
"You flooded the area?" Aberfa asked, and Zealin nodded.
"There seemed to be a strange pull toward eating the grass. The area seems to radiate danger," Zealin reported, straight and to the point. Sherbert was nodding along energetically. 
"I made a map!" Sherbert added, holding it out for Aberfa to see. The Mountains Deity looked it over and nodded her approval. 
"This is very well done, both of you. The water seems to have dampened whatever magic was holding me from this place. Now... Now it seems to pull me closer," Aberfa mused.
"We noticed this as well," Zealin reported. 
"And you feel that strange magic around you? It is quite... unnerving," Aberfa said, and the mares nodded their agreement. 
Looking around at the fading light, Aberfa sighed. "Unfortunately we must shelter nearby," she said. "In the morning we can follow this pull of magic."

Come dawn, Aberfa was feeling even more tired than the night before. Once again her dreams had been strange and twisted things, unnatural things. Dawn brought light, but it did not free the cloud in her mind. 
Aberfa patiently watched the dawn as the others woke, and she heard an exclamation of surprise and joy behind her. 
Turning, Aberfa saw Sherbert excitedly nosing around a pile of food Aberfa had acquired. "Feel free to have some, we will need our strength today," Aberfa said. 
Sherbert dug in with great joy, Zealin a little less enthusiastically than her counterpart. While the two had breakfast, Aberfa consulted the map that Sherbert had made. It seemed the magic was pulling from... ah yes. Aberfa made a mental note of the area, right outside of the map that Sherbert had made. Close to this strange magical area, but far enough away to be not immediately noticeable. 
As the mares finished, Aberfa turned to them. "I surmise the magic pull is coming from this area," she indicated, using the map. "If you are ready, we can head out."
With Zealin and Sherbet's nods, Aberfa led the way toward the pull of magic.

"It's a tree!" Sherbert exclaimed. 
"A sapling, really," Zealin pointed out. 
Aberfa only stared at the tree in silence for many moments. "This is not a native mountain tree," Aberfa mused, after she had mentally catalogued every plant that grew in the region. "In fact..."
As Aberfa got closer, she noticed something strange dug into the roots. A strange object that most certainly did not belong among these roots. It seemed to be stunting the saplings growth, pulling on it.... and pulling on the magic around it in the area? 
"I need you two to remove this object," Aberfa said, turning back to the others. "Without damaging the sapling. There is something strange going on, and I must confer with the other deities before I say more. I will be back shortly."
With that, Aberfa took to the skies, stretching out her brown leathery wings.

Prompt: You are tasked to figure out how to safely remove the object embedded in the tree roots.

(643 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Word Literature = +2, Event =+1)

Find

Revan-Dawnstar Offline

Posting Freak
Threads: 800
Favorite color: Revan-Dawnstar
All Accounts Posts: 1,175

1 Attached Account
Illumipyre
- writing
-Zealin will loosen the object with water

Revan-Dawnstar
– art