Player OTM In
Thread OTM Progress

The day magic died in the desert [FOR Epaphroditos]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Find Reply

LovellaTorendo Offline

Threads: 301
Favorite color: LovellaTorendo
Quite taken up with his digging, Dustfinger at first ignores his companion’s arguments against it.  His endeavors are at last brought to a pause when, while still industriously digging, he opens his mouth to respond to said companion and finds it suddenly full of dirt.  Coughing and spluttering he pulls back slightly from the tree and turns a dust streaked face towards Epaphroditos.  The star coated stallion, obviously restless and impatient, is twitching, stomping and looks to be on the verge of creating the threatened acid with or without the pale stallion’s agreement.  While impressed with the fellow’s magical prowess thus far Dustfinger now begins to question his mental capacity though he isn’t impolite enough to say so… yet.  Instead he throws himself across the stone and sapling holding a protective posture until he manages to get his voice back.   

“Don’t you dare!  I absolutely refuse to be a party to any attempt at hiding something from one of them most especially not that one!  Besides, you both said the tree doesn’t belong here, so it stands to reason that the stone isn’t the only magical thing here.  Who knows what dumping acid on those roots might do?  Would they simply burn like normal tree roots ought to?  I am all for a bit of scientific experimentation most days but I don’t know as I want to try that one just now with everything else that is currently going on.” 

Rather riled up by this time he eyes the other stallion challengingly allowing his posture to turn just slightly aggressive and then suddenly relents all at once with a great sigh.  

“You are correct about one thing though.  My way is going to take far too long.”

A considering glance is tossed over his shoulder at the small tree and the unmovable stone.  It glints definitely at him but the glint draws his gaze back to the limited effects of his digging and a new idea begins to form.  Reluctantly he steps aside to give his companion a clear view of the problem once again.

“Just stop at the water creation.  Surely that won't backfire any worse than it already has, right?  Look, see how my digging has made a bit of a groove around the stone?  I don’t think it would take me too long to make that a bit deeper, then you can fill it up with water.  Maybe even warm water?”

Dustfinger has no idea how that sort of thing works and if making the water warm is possible, but he believes that what he has in mind will do the trick either way.

“If the water can clear away enough of the dirt to loosen the roots we should be able to pull them back from the stone without damaging them.”

He hesitates a moment then, deciding that he will likely be digging more whatever the other male decides he makes a full commitment to his idea.

“Well, if you are willing to try, just give me a few more minutes and then you can have at it.”

He moves back into the digging position and starts up again, this time focusing on making that groove deeper.

527 words (2 chimes for word count)
Total word count so far 3,699; : +14 chime total

[b]Other Group Members: 1946 Epaphroditos[/b]

@RebeccaM-Art

Search: