Thread OTM Progress

The day magic died in the desert [FOR Epaphroditos]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Find Reply

Witchcraftsy Offline

Team Daddy
Threads: 272
Favorite color: RebeccaM-Art
Epaphroditos leaned back in surprise at Dusty’s sudden protectiveness of the plant. Truly he didn’t think it would be that big of a deal. Sure, Anevay might get a bit mad, but what was the worst she’d do against an icy Mystic? Though he guessed Dusty would probably be the one worse off, so he didn’t argue. While he wasn’t thrilled about the pale stallion’s rebuttal, he had to give him props for standing up to him. Not many other Quirlicorns would. Quietly, Epaphroditos listened to Dustfinger’s plan.

“I suppose you have a point, Dusty. Things may not go well for us, well probably you more than me, if we disobey Anevay. She’s been known to have quite the temper.”He moved back towards the pale stallion, examining the small hole he had dug so far. The problem was that it was the desert and sand didn’t stay dug up for long. It just kind of trickled back in. At this pace, it was going to take ages to dig enough to wiggle that thing out of the roots.

“Hold on. Before you start digging again, let me just…” He paused and began creating water to just soak the ground enough to make all the sand stick together.

“That should make things easier. Also, yes, I’ll hold off on the acid part for now. Hopefully you can dig faster now. Heating the water, now that might be iffy. I can freeze water and create ice no problem, but I’m not sure I could heat it up. Plus with how unstable magic is right now, I would rather not test fate and accidentally freeze the thing instead. So unless you have fire magic hidden somewhere, then room temperature water is going to have to do.” As he spoke, his Typhoon suddenly stopped and the clouds cleared, revealing the hot, desert sun high in the sky. Epaphroditos didn’t even have to look up. He let out a heavy sigh and stomped his feet again in frustration.

“Dammit all! Alright, we’re gonna have warmth now, but we need to speed this up before I start to burn. I’ll help you dig and make sure the sand stays damp enough to move.” He then moved in close to Dusty and began digging along with him. Every now and then the starry stallion would summon water and soak the ground to prevent all their hard work from filling back in. Soon the hole was deep enough for the object and he began filling it with water. As he filled it, the pale stallion worked the object in the roots, working to free it.

After several minutes, Dusty pulled the object free from the roots, causing both stallions to exclaim with joy. “Yes! Now, what the heck is it? Let’s get Anevay down here to examine it,” Epaphroditos said, a hint of excitement in his voice. While waiting he decided to try and create his little storm cloud again to protect him and his orchid from the hot sun. Surprisingly, it worked without a hitch. It was almost as if being closer to the sapling was helping to stabilize his magic, like it was a source to draw from.

533 Words: +2 Chime
Total word count so far; 4,232: +16 chime total

Other Group Members: 885 Dustfinger
@LovellaTorendo

[Image: 22902415_69VD4OCsLekSLt0.png]

Search: