Thread OTM Progress

The day magic died in the desert [FOR Epaphroditos]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Find Reply

Witchcraftsy Offline

Team Daddy
Threads: 272
Favorite color: RebeccaM-Art
Epaphriditos was starting to get really annoyed with Anevay just showing up and ordering them around, even though she is a deity. This time her just up and taking the stone with absolutely no explanation was even more frustrating. It made him not sorry for the little cloud that had also formed over Anevay. Once the deity was finally gone, he turned his attention back to his companion. 
He couldn’t help but notice that it seemed like Dusty was also becoming quite fed up with Anevay and her demands. “That’s a mood,” he thought as Dusty grumbled about not being a gardener. Though his insinuation that he knew much about plants was rather annoying.

“Just because I have one living off me, doesn’t mean I know how to take care of it. I know it really hates drying out and causes me discomfort when dry, but otherwise that’s it. It took a whole team of Quirlicorns with plant and fertility magic to sow my land and grow the jungle. I simply provided the water to encourage growth. However, I do know some Quirlicorns with a type of fertility magic who may be able to help us. It’s a bit of a trek though and I’m going to have to run full bore to hope and get them here quickly enough. If you are aware of any Quirlicorns with plant or fertility magic, it would be best if you could run and grab them too. If not, then you can come with me or guard the tree.” His voice was gruffer than intended, but this whole situation was just too weird for him.

Without waiting for Dusty to respond, he sped off across the Desert, heading towards the Plains Region. As he did so, he called out for Baelfire’s son, since Baelfire’s herd were a great help in creating his jungle. He was pretty sure Baelfire was off on a quest and hoped he could reach the rest of the herd by calling out to them, since at least one of the twins had psychic magic. With the instability of magic currently he was hoping he’d be able to reach him and in turn, meet him halfway.

After what felt like ages, he saw two Quirlicorns on the horizon running towards him. As he got closer he could recognize the palomino and chestnut coming towards him and just hoped it was the twins. He slowed as they got closer, huffing to catch his breath from all the running.

“Epaphroditos right? I heard you calling for us for help, what can we do?” the palomino said.

“Fantastic. Yes I was. Listen there’s a lot of weird shit going on right now. I need your help with growing a tree sapling. At least one of you boys has Golden Goose magic right?” Epaphroditos said, huffing.

The twins looked at each other before responding, “Uh, yea, unfortunately. That’s why you called so urgently? We thought someone was in trouble…” The eyed the starry stallion warily. It wasn’t the magic they were proudest of and seemed kind of silly for him to have come in such a rush from the Desert.

“Well in case you haven’t noticed, magic has been rather...strange lately. Myself and Dustfinger have been working with Anevay to find a source, and we found a Dew tree sapling with a strange object in its roots. Now it needs to be healed and that’s where you come in. I can provide it with water, but we need help with providing it with the correct nutrients and your father’s herd was the only one I could think of,” Epaphroditos explained quickly.

“I see, well show us the way then!”

“Try to keep up!” Epaphroditos spun on his hind legs and raced back towards the Desert with the Palomino and chestnut on his heels. The young stallions kept up fairly well, surprisingly. Several hours later they had gotten back to the sapling. The whole trip had taken about a day it seemed. It appeared that Dusty had beaten him back with a friend in tow as well.

“We’re back. Ori and..Mavuto right? I’ll let you guys get to work with your fertility magic and then I can make it rain.” The twins nodded in response and went over to examine the tree. Each one then dropped a golden egg on the tree's roots, which broke on impact. The desert sand in the spots where they dropped eggs immediately turned to fertile soil. Meanwhile Epaphroditos looked towards the sky and shot magic upwards, summoning a light, drizzling storm.

“All right, Dusty, do you want to work on re-burying those roots and filling in the hole we created? I think we now have enough to fix the roots,” he said and looked up at the pale stallion, waiting for an answer.

806 Words: +3 Chime
Total word count so far; 5,038: +20 chime total

Other Group Members: 885 Dustfinger
@LovellaTorendo"LovellaTorendo"

[Image: 22902415_69VD4OCsLekSLt0.png]

Search: