Thread OTM Progress

The day magic died in the desert [FOR Epaphroditos]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Find Reply

Witchcraftsy Offline

Team Daddy
Threads: 272
Favorite color: RebeccaM-Art
Epaphroditos pondered the question for a while, before deciding on the answer. In truth the Quirliverse had been rather chaotic lately. Anevay had her chaos party (which he had just chalked up to the deity’s regular antics) and now he’s been hearing tales of zombies from the Mountain region that Aberfa was dealing with. He had tried to ignore it and just mind his own business, but couldn’t ignore Anevay’s summons when he received it. He never cared much for the Desert region deity, taking a preference to Haukea, but since this was his home, he had to pay her some level of respect.

“Hmm, now that I think about it I have, but I’m not sure how relevant it is. I live in my jungle not too far from here, which I keep humid by using my water magics. However, I’ve noticed lately the magic hasn’t been as effective in keeping it lush. Something has been drying it out and no matter how much I make it rain, I can’t seem to keep up with it. You see, while I love heat, I don’t like dry heat, it doesn’t do well for me. Also, do not call me Epa, please call me Epaphroditos. It took all I had to not give Anevay a piece of my mind every time she called me that.”

His four ears flicked back in annoyance just at the thought. What he said was true though and he could feel it. The bat orchid growing on his back was particularly sensitive to the dry heat and he could feel it growing crisper by the moment. Pausing, he lifted his horn to the sky and tried to create a small rain cloud to hover over his back. The cloud began to form but then quickly dissipated, causing Epaphroditos to grumble and stomp his four front legs in irritation in annoyance. Such a menial task should be easy, and yet was proving to be rather difficult. With a great burst of frustration, he reared up and upon stomping his feet on the ground, released a burst of energy from his horn. Instead of just creating a cloud above him, it instead completely altered the weather and started a torrential downpour.

“Ya know what? I’m not fixing it. This is ridiculous,” he grumbled, mostly to himself. Then turning to the pale stallion said, “Anyways, I figured we could start at Delphi and see if we could find anything to start with. Delphi is at the very edge of the desert, along the coast. If we don’t find anything there, then perhaps we can move farther into the region to search for oddities. Maybe by then my magic will work again, but I doubt it. By the way, I don’t think I’ve seen you around before. Do you live nearby?”

He wasn’t usually one for idle talk, but the fact that a stranger was here helping in the desert had peaked his curiosity. Plus it would pass the time until they got to Delphi. All he wanted was for magic to go back to normal as quickly as possible so he could continue to live in comfort.

528 Words: +2 Chime
Total word count so far; 1,034: +4 chime total

Other Group Members: 885 Dustfinger

[Image: 22902415_69VD4OCsLekSLt0.png]

Search: