Player OTM In
Thread OTM Progress

The day magic died in the desert [FOR Epaphroditos]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Find Reply

LovellaTorendo Offline

Threads: 301
Favorite color: LovellaTorendo
Dustfinger’s attention is mostly on his strange surroundings now.  He keeps one ear swiveled toward Epaphroditos to show that he is listening should the other decide to answer him.  The area they are walking through is dry and dusty even the few plants they have come across do not look especially green.  The pale coated stallion assumes this is part and parcel for the desert and so does not comment on it.  Still, there is definitely something off here, the whole place just feels dead.  It is like he has walked from endless swirls of color and life into a great empty void.  He can only imagine what one more attuned to the natural magic of the Quirlverse must be feeling and he offers his companion a sympathetic look.  This might be an incorrect assumption but in general the other Quirlicorns he meets tend to be more magically inclined than he is… he has simply never had the patience to learn.

At first it seems that Epaphroditos intends to continue in brooding silence but eventually he speaks.  Apparently he has encountered oddities with his own magic in his jungle.  Interesting… clearly, as Dustfinger expected, his companion is more familiar with and practiced at magic.  Make him wonder what the heck the fire lady needed him for.  Ah, well, he sure wasn’t going to argue with her.  He grunts a laugh at the other’s frustration with the goddess’s chosen nickname but nods amiably when he is asked not to use it.    

“Very well, Epaphroditos.  I am not especially particular about nicknames, though I suppose my preference would be Dusty.  Nice to meet you.”

Dustfinger blinks in confusion when the empty sky suddenly coughs up a sickly little rain cloud which vanishes almost as quickly as it appeared.  Epaphroditos seems seriously offended by the little cloud’s abrupt exit.  Moments later the sky is cluttered with much larger clouds all endlessly dumping rain down on the pair of stallions.  Dustfinger takes this in stride deciding that being soaked is preferable to being overheated, at least for now.  Though he does gather from his new acquaintance’s grumblings that this was not the intended result.  

Clearly uninterested in continuing to battle this temperamental magic, the star-coated stallion gives up, rather ungracefully, and instead provides directions to the place that he considers the best starting point.  Once again Dustfinger has nothing to add and no objection to present.

“Lead on then.”

Now, after laying out his plan of where to search, Epaphroditos seems to shift his interest entirely to Dustfinger.  The inkheart male does not entirely appreciate this intense regard but he suffers it quietly with no show of discomfort.  It seems that the other is mostly curious about this stranger to his desert home, which is understandable.  This time it is Dustfinger who walks in silence for a time before answering.                 

“I live everywhere and nowhere.  Mostly I wander wherever.  Today I just happened to be on the edge of the desert when I heard Anevay and who is going to say no to her?”

At this point he just happens to glance left and sees, well, he doesn’t really know what he sees.  It sort of looks like a giant dust cloud but whether it is out beyond the rain or forming in spite of it he can not tell.

“What in the world?”

560 words (2 chimes for word count)
Total word count so far; 1,594: +6 chime total

[b]Other Group Members: 1946 Epaphroditos
@
RebeccaM-Art
[/b]

Search: