Thread Closed 

Find

Jagmeet Offline

Deities
Threads: 5
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,938

Linked Accounts
Jagmeet was surprised to see all of the animals leaving as he approached his helpers. He wasn’t quite certain, but there seemed to be a few creatures that weren’t even from the Plains Region? 
Nevertheless, he found that the winds had calmed somewhat, at least enough to make the deity feel a bit more at home. Really, all that wind was enough to drive someone insane! 

“Dustfinger, Roseart, I suppose everything went well?” Jagmeet asked as he approached.
Dustfinger nodded. “I used my magic gifted by Anevay to call help to our side, and Roseart and some other Quirlicorns helped question the animals that arrived about their experiences across the Plains Region. Though, there were some other Quirlicorns appearing by some portal and seeming to jump across the region, chasing the wind…” 
Jagmeet chuckled a bit. “I found out as I was doing my own investigation that Frysil seems to be missing his wind. Those must have been his helpers,” he replied.
Dustfinger considered this then nodded. They did seem to be equipped with wind-finding devices after all. 
“So, does that mean the problem is fixed?” Dustfinger asked.
“Yes, and no. While the winds have calmed down, it seems there is something strange happening around the Plains Sacred Dew Tree,” Jagmeet admitted. 
“More strange activity around those trees?” Dustfinger sighed. “Why am I not surprised…”
“I thought the same thing,” Jagmeet said with a nod. “This time… the problem is a bit more feline.”
“Feline?” Roseart said, and grinned. “I can talk to animals!” 
“I’m not sure this cat liked my attention much,” Jagmeet said. “I could barely get a glance at them, but from what I could tell they had no hair, and also wore an eyepatch. And well… Some of their limbs seemed to not be attached.” Seeing Roseart’s shocked look, Jagmeet shook his head. “Not in a wounded way, in a magical way. I don’t really understand how it could be, but…”
Dustfinger raised an eyebrow. “So, a magical eyepatch cat is wandering around the tree, if I understand correctly?” 
“Unfortunately it seems to be so. Not much to go on, but the cat seems to have a strange magical feel to them, and with everything else that has happened… Well it’s worth looking into,” Jagmeet said. 
“We can do that!” Roseart immediately agreed, and Jagmeet smiled. 
“Dustfinger, a moment before you head off?” Jagmeet asked, and took a few steps away, Dustfinger following. 

“Dustfinger, I would like to thank you for your contributions in helping with the wind issues,” Jagmeet said. “I would like to give you this Plains Regional Blossom as a reward for your hard work. Hopefully you find a good use for it,” the Plains Deity said with a smile.

Jagmeet then turned to address both Quirlicorns again. 
“Please investigate this strange cat that has been hanging out around the Plains Sacred Dew Tree. I cannot help but feel this cat is important, but it flees the moment a deity gets near. Perhaps you will have better luck?” 
As the two Quirlicorns agreed, Jagmeet smiled, and wandered back out into the Plains to check out the wind situation across his land once more. 

Prompt: “Investigate the strange cat with an eyepatch near the Plains Sacred Dew Tree” [b](please stay at the sacred dew tree and don't return to Jagmeet)[/b]

(530 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Words Literature = +2, Event = +1)

Search: