Thread Closed 

Find

Aberfa Offline

Deities
Threads: 3
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,938

Linked Accounts
@Humble-3, @DozingBear, You must collaborate on how each of you will move forward with the given prompt below.  If you require my assistance or have questions you may ask them here. 
Be certain that you submit your prompt endeavours (Group Overview) as a reply to this thread by the end of January 13th. (Only a single member of the group should post the overview.) 
If you fail to post your Group Overview before the deadline there will be no blessings for you for this prompt. 

Overviews should look like this:
Quirlicorn A does X
Quirlicorn B does Y
Quirlicorn C does Z

High above the Mountains, the Deity soared. Another call for aid had gone out, and while Aberfa was pleased there had been peace, she was also too wise to assume it would last. Indeed, whispers had come to her ears of strange things in her home once more. Plotting every outcome, every possibility, it was just part of her nature. And in the many futures she had glimpsed, far too many had featured whispers and shadows.
She soared over the region, and as she glimpsed what she hoped was not true, Aberfa let out a long sigh.
It was time to meet her helpers. 

To say the Mountain Deity had high hopes was an understatement. Her helpers last time had been wonderful, and introduced her to the dangers of sherbet. Aberfa couldn’t help but like the treat, but all the extra flying she had to do to work off the calories of her indulgence with them had left the deity in need of a bath, and a nap. 
She spied the grove below where her helpers were waiting, and as she read them, Aberfa smiled. They would do just fine. 

“Hello Loki, Difèrne,” Aberfa said as she landed, tucking in her wings close. She was pleased to see a lesser deity had come to help, for a cunning mind would be needed. And the emotions she read from the mare made her feel like a ray of sunshine. 
“Aberfa!” Difèrne said with joy, an open and authentic smile on her face. “I heard there was a call for help, what can I do?” 
The words were said with joy, then Difèrne gave a shy grin. “Well really, what can we do?” 
Aberfa smiled at the enthusiasm, and looked between them. “Have you introduced yourselves?” Aberfa asked. 
“Yes, Loki has been super nice so far!” Difèrne once again answered, and Loki gave a slight nod.
“Good, I will need you two to work together on this. It seems strange things are happening once again. There is an area in the Mountains I would like for you two to investigate.” 
“What do you mean by strange things?” Loki asked, and Difèrne looked puzzled. 
“Follow me, and I will show you,” Aberfa said, and led the way.

Thankfully the meeting spot was not far, and Aberfa led them on a gentle path through her mountains. They traveled higher in elevation, following a winding and somewhat narrow trail until they reached a cliff. 
“Come to the edge, do not be afraid,” Aberfa said. 
When Difèrne and Loki beheld what lay below, they gasped.
“As you can see, there are… dunes, in place of my mountains,” Aberfa said with a bit of a puzzled tone.
“That’s not good!” Difèrne said, and Loki shook his head.
“Indeed, it seems that something has gone wrong. I ask you to investigate the area, and try to find out the source of this… conundrum,” Aberfa replied. 

Aberfa led them down a small path that took them to the edges of the dunes. “I did not see much water, so make sure to hydrate,” Aberfa said. “There is a stream in the trees over there. I must take a look at the rest of my region, but I will return to hear your findings.” 
“We shall look into it,” Loki said, and Difèrne nodded.
“We will do our best!” 
“I’m sure you will,” Aberfa smiled, as she spread her wings, and took to the sky to double check the rest of her region. 

Prompt: "Investigate the sand dunes in the Mountains"

(591 words) +3 Chimes (500  words literature= +2, Event= +1)

Website Find

Humble-3 Offline

Threads: 151
Favorite color: Humble-3
Difèrne takes a closer look by sticking her nose into the sand
Loki builds a sand castle to verify that it is, indeed, sand

[Image: 48749846_VRR4H0F45RWSllg.png]
~ There's nowhere I'd rather be but here with you ~

Website Find

Humble-3 Offline

DozingBear and I decided to do a double collab comic for this entry ^^
Entry - part 2

Find

Loki Offline

Quirls Just Wanna Have Fun
Threads: 1
Favorite color: DozingBear
All Accounts Posts: 435

Linked Accounts
We did just what you asked! Lost of investigating! Big Grin 

link to piece: boop (@DozingBear)

It's nothing personal, just fun and games!

Find

Aberfa Offline

Deities
Threads: 3
Favorite color: Quirlicorns

Linked Accounts
As the Mountains Region Deity glided over her land, she couldn’t help but wonder just what was going on these past few months? The dreams of zombies, the chaos of magic disappearing, and now the very land seemed to be changing at random.
And then there was the issue of the cat. 
In her investigation of the rest of the region, she hadn’t found any more suspicious dunes. But flying over the Mountain's Sacred Dew Tree, there was… a strange presence, an energy she could never remember having felt before (and Aberfa remembered a lot). Upon further investigation…. 
Well, needless to say the strange things were still happening, and Aberfa was still worried about it all. It was hard not to overthink some days, especially for one so used to being within her own mind and musings.

Loki and Difèrne were still by the dunes when she arrived, and was… Oh, how delightful! A sandcastle! 
Aberfa landed, careful to keep the wind from her wings from disturbing the sandcastle that had been made. 
“I see you have been busy!” Aberfa said with a smile.
“Mhmph!” Difèrne mumbled, before spitting out a mouthful of sand. “Sure have been! This is definitely sand,” she declared. 
Loki nodded. “Dry sand for sure, not beach sand. Needs a bit of water to make a good castle,” Loki added in.
“Well thankfully it seems the sand has been contained to only this area,” Aberfa replied, looking around. “The rest of the Mountains Region seemed well enough… Well, mostly….” Aberfa trailed off into thought, looking puzzled. 
“Mostly? Uh oh, what’s going on?” Difèrne asked with a concerned expression.
“There was a strange presence near the Sacred Dew Tree of this Region. When I flew closer, I saw what I thought was a feline. It was completely hairless, and seemed to be wearing an eyepatch?” Aberfa said, her tone rising at the end and making her statement sound more like a befuddled question. “Nothing like I have seen before, it gave off a strange energy and awareness.” 
“Is it a talking cat?” Loki asked, tilting his head slightly. 
“I never got close enough to ask,” Aberfa admitted. “Perhaps it is because I am a Deity? I don’t think I’m scary, but… Oh, I hate unanswered questions. I can look into this sand situation more, if you two would be willing to look into the cat?”
“Is a cat really that important?” Difèrne asked, a bit confused. “Especially when there is… sand everywhere?”
“I have a feeling they are,” Aberfa admitted. “I’ve never seen a cat wear an eyepatch, nor one that gave off such a strange… vibe. The vibes are off! That’s it, the cat’s vibes are off!”
Loki and Difèrne laughed a bit at Aberfa’s exclamation, before Difèrne nodded.
“Of course we can check out the cat’s vibes!” She exclaimed. 
“This cat seems interesting, is it some kind of trickster here to mess with us? Maybe they are behind all this fun sand!” Loki agreed. 
“Thank you both. Make sure to get some water, I don’t think building sandcastles and eating sand is conducive to good hydration!” Aberfa called, as she took to the skies to look into the sand dunes some more. 

Prompt: “Investigate near the Mountain Sacred Dew Tree for the cat with ‘weird vibes’.”  [b](please stay at the sacred dew tree and don't return to Aberfa)[/b]

(537 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Words Literature = +2, Event = +1)

Find

Loki Offline

Linked Accounts
Difèrne and I have come up with a marvelous plan, I'm sure you will approve! Difèrne is going to gather things for a picnic, and I'm going to use my Zoolingulism to chat with the cat! We'll have a grand old time having tea with the kitty! Sounds like a plan, don't you think? Big Grin 

Difèrne will prepare a picnic
Loki will speak to the cat 

@DozingBear and @Humble-3 approve of this message 

Find

Peabody Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
Peek a boo

Website Find

Humble-3 Offline

Entry
Does Peabody like tuna sandwiches? Difèrne and Loki are eager to find out!

Find

Loki Offline

Linked Accounts
Well uh, tried a thing!

Find

Peabody Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
“You Quirlicorns sure are interesting these days,” Peabody said, watching the pair from the tree. The meowing had been quite amusing, and the other one had brought… a picnic? Well who was he to say no, really? 
Peabody hopped down from the tree, looking over the mess of food and the two frazzled looking Quirlicorns. 
“What, cat got your tongue?” Peabody said, with a snicker. 
“You… you can talk!” the mare sputtered out. 
“Well yes, so can you!” Peabody grinned. 
“I mean…. Our language, not just cat language,” the mare said. 
“I’m actually proficient in several languages, thank you very much. Even whale!” Peabody replied, flicking his tail.
“Whale?” Loki perked up at the mention. “Me too!” he replied, and proceeded to say something in a strange mix of elongated noises and what almost sounded like honking. 
The mare gave him a bit of a look before looking back at the cat. “So uh, who are you?” 
“Name’s Peabody,” Peabody replied. “Pleased to make your acquaintance!” 
“Well, I’m Difèrne,” the mare replied politely, “and this is Loki. We were sent to investigate… well, uh…. You!” 
“Now that we are all friends and that, how do you two feel about a little adventure?” Peabody said, with a grin. 
Difèrne looked a bit uncertain, but Loki nodded energetically. 
“Where to?” Loki asked.
“A magical place, where all your dreams come true,” Peabody said, with a grin. “A place where even your deities have forgotten, a land of wonder. My home, in fact.”
“I dunno Loki, that sounds like something a….” Difèrne’s voice dropped to a whisper, “creep would say.” 
“We will be fine,” Loki said, “Let’s go!” 
Peabody grinned as a portal opened, and Loki jumped right through. 
“Oh… heck, wait for me, Loki!” Difèrne called out as she gathered up some of the picnic and followed on his heels. 
Peabody watched the pair go through, rolling a muffin toward himself and nibbling on it. 
“This will be fun.” 

Upon coming through the portal's other side it was clear that this was not part of the Quirliverse everyone knew and loved.  What was this strange place?  Everything was different.  Trees hung from the sky upside down, rivers flowed backwards, the grass came in all sorts of colors, but green was not one of them.
This was definitely a strange, strange place.  Confusion was written on everyone’s face and before anyone had a chance to speak or ask questions about it all a small voice rang out from the distance. 
“Visitors?”  “Here?”  “In Entropy?” “Hi, my name is Asani.”  a tiny little Quirlicorn barely 4hh high came frolicking towards them.
“Are you guys Quirlicorns?”  without skipping a beat they continued. “Well, it doesn’t really matter anyway.”  “You’re here and now we can all have some fun.”  A mischievous smile plastered across the small Quirlicorn's face, they smirked and magic swirled all around before changing the surroundings entirely.  This new place now looked like the regular Quirliverse.
Could this little Quirlicorn perhaps be a long lost Deity?  Is this a new region?  Everyone was wondering what was happening yet before anyone could ask the little one answered.
“Yes, I’m a deity, and this is the Entropy region.”  “Pretty awesome, huh?”
“My friend Peabody told me you guys would be coming, but I wasn’t sure I believed him.”  “It’s been so long since we’ve had visitors, I thought perhaps all the Quirlicorns had died.”
The little Deity perked up.  “Now that you’re here, why don’t you check out my region.”  “We have a lot to offer, and if you find a corner you particularly like I’ll even let you keep it as long as you promise to come back to visit again.”  And without another word Asani turned and walked back off into the distance.  This new region still looked like any other, but certainly there were other strange things happening beneath the visage.  What strange things would everyone encounter in Entropy?

Prompt: Investigate the Entropy Region

(658 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Words Literature = +2 Chimes, Event = +1)

Search: