Thread Closed 

Find

Aberfa Offline

Deities
Threads: 3
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,938

Linked Accounts
@Humble-3, @DozingBear, You must collaborate on how each of you will move forward with the given prompt below.  If you require my assistance or have questions you may ask them here. 
Be certain that you submit your prompt endeavours (Group Overview) as a reply to this thread by the end of January 13th. (Only a single member of the group should post the overview.) 
If you fail to post your Group Overview before the deadline there will be no blessings for you for this prompt. 

Overviews should look like this:
Quirlicorn A does X
Quirlicorn B does Y
Quirlicorn C does Z

High above the Mountains, the Deity soared. Another call for aid had gone out, and while Aberfa was pleased there had been peace, she was also too wise to assume it would last. Indeed, whispers had come to her ears of strange things in her home once more. Plotting every outcome, every possibility, it was just part of her nature. And in the many futures she had glimpsed, far too many had featured whispers and shadows.
She soared over the region, and as she glimpsed what she hoped was not true, Aberfa let out a long sigh.
It was time to meet her helpers. 

To say the Mountain Deity had high hopes was an understatement. Her helpers last time had been wonderful, and introduced her to the dangers of sherbet. Aberfa couldn’t help but like the treat, but all the extra flying she had to do to work off the calories of her indulgence with them had left the deity in need of a bath, and a nap. 
She spied the grove below where her helpers were waiting, and as she read them, Aberfa smiled. They would do just fine. 

“Hello Loki, Difèrne,” Aberfa said as she landed, tucking in her wings close. She was pleased to see a lesser deity had come to help, for a cunning mind would be needed. And the emotions she read from the mare made her feel like a ray of sunshine. 
“Aberfa!” Difèrne said with joy, an open and authentic smile on her face. “I heard there was a call for help, what can I do?” 
The words were said with joy, then Difèrne gave a shy grin. “Well really, what can we do?” 
Aberfa smiled at the enthusiasm, and looked between them. “Have you introduced yourselves?” Aberfa asked. 
“Yes, Loki has been super nice so far!” Difèrne once again answered, and Loki gave a slight nod.
“Good, I will need you two to work together on this. It seems strange things are happening once again. There is an area in the Mountains I would like for you two to investigate.” 
“What do you mean by strange things?” Loki asked, and Difèrne looked puzzled. 
“Follow me, and I will show you,” Aberfa said, and led the way.

Thankfully the meeting spot was not far, and Aberfa led them on a gentle path through her mountains. They traveled higher in elevation, following a winding and somewhat narrow trail until they reached a cliff. 
“Come to the edge, do not be afraid,” Aberfa said. 
When Difèrne and Loki beheld what lay below, they gasped.
“As you can see, there are… dunes, in place of my mountains,” Aberfa said with a bit of a puzzled tone.
“That’s not good!” Difèrne said, and Loki shook his head.
“Indeed, it seems that something has gone wrong. I ask you to investigate the area, and try to find out the source of this… conundrum,” Aberfa replied. 

Aberfa led them down a small path that took them to the edges of the dunes. “I did not see much water, so make sure to hydrate,” Aberfa said. “There is a stream in the trees over there. I must take a look at the rest of my region, but I will return to hear your findings.” 
“We shall look into it,” Loki said, and Difèrne nodded.
“We will do our best!” 
“I’m sure you will,” Aberfa smiled, as she spread her wings, and took to the sky to double check the rest of her region. 

Prompt: "Investigate the sand dunes in the Mountains"

(591 words) +3 Chimes (500  words literature= +2, Event= +1)

Search: