Player OTM In
Thread OTM Progress

Prompt contest! [Closed]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Website Find Reply

Humble-3 Offline

Threads: 151
Favorite color: Humble-3
Edit: The contest is now closed and the entries are being judged. Thank you so much for participating! I will reply to this thread with the winners as soon as possible.
Before all else, I would like to thank @Astralseed for helping with the organisation of this project and for sponsoring the many prizes offered in this event! I also want to thank @illumipyre for providing feedback concerning litterature entries as well as @DozingBear for brainstorming with me.
~~~~~
Greetings, traveller! Welcome to Anthurium!
Whether you were brought here by fate or came to this land with a purpose, you are cordially invited to celebrate the foundation of the town of Anthurium.
Anthurium was created as a safe haven by weary travellers for quirlicorns like themselves: equines with an insatiable desire to wander across the land in search for knowledge and connections. While it has only welcomed temporary residents in the past, it has now opened its doors to permanent residents.
For this reason, the mayors Baroque and Difèrne have had ice blocks brought over from the great lake in order to host it’s very first ‘Ice Sculpting Contest’, with the hopes of making it a yearly occurrence depending on its success.
In line with the occasion, we are celebrating today, the challenge will be to sculpt something that reminds the participant(s) of their HOME. The winner will be determined by a panel of judges that will be determined at a later date (judges may be quirlicorn administrators or unbiased friends).
For example, if Mayors Baroque and Difèrne were to make their own sculpture, they would sculpt wedding bands because they find comfort in each other and are each other’s home.
Rules:
  • Your entry must show your character with either a completed ice sculpture or one that is in progress
  • Your entry must follow the theme: Home
  • Several characters can work on a single sculpture, as demonstrated in the example above
  • In the case of teamwork, the sculpture can either represent all members, or else the members can help each other complete several sculptures representative of their respective participants
  • Because of this, collabs will be allowed. However, please note that only one person (the one who submits the entry) may claim the participation prizes and placing prize should the entry earn it. We encourage the collaborators to produce as many pieces as there are team members so that all may get the participation prizes
  • Commissions will not be eligible, however
  • Tracing and the use of pre-existing media is allowed (photos, background, etc.), but we encourage you to put in your best effort before relying on these. Please make sure that the creators of the media you use has given you permission and you have given them credit as well as link back to their socials.
  • Literature entries are welcomed. For an extra challenge, writers are encouraged to pick from one of the following prompts: a family meal, a meaningful act of kindness, a moment of silence, a favourite story, a bond with a creature, or a tool of the trade.
  • The minimum entry requirement for quirlicorns is +4 chime points for visual entries or +2 chime points for litterature entries (excluding the familiar/guardian bonus)
  • The contest ends on March 15th. Winners will be announced at a later date.
  • Entries may be submitted anywhere so long as it is accessible for the judges to view them
  • Non-quirlicorns are welcomed to participate and follow the prompt. However, they will not be eligible for the main prizes. Instead, your entries will count as tickets for a raffle with art prizes that is separated from the contest (1 entry = 1 ticket)
The Prizes:
Entry prizes:
  • 5 chime points for your bank
  • 1 dew of choice
  • 1 bronze booty box
  • Eligible for the +1 show bonus
3rd place
  • Full body lines (2 chimes ; may be modified for more by winner)
  • Natural mystery custom
  • Eligible for the +2 placing bonus

2nd place
  • Coloured full body + familiar (7 chimes)
  • nMut mystery custom

1st place

• Coloured full body + background + familiar + 250 words (10 chimes)
  • MutMut mystery custom
Non-quirlicorn entries
  • Enters you to a raffle for 1 traditional flat full body (2 winners)
(Art prizes will be made by me)
Enjoy!

[Image: 48749846_VRR4H0F45RWSllg.png]
~ There's nowhere I'd rather be but here with you ~

Find Reply

Damien Offline

Threads: 121
Favorite color: DamienMuerte
https://www.deviantart.com/damienmuerte/...-908755412

<3

Find Reply

illumipyre Offline

Threads: 162
Favorite color: illumipyre
All Accounts Posts: 263

1 Attached Account
https://www.deviantart.com/illumipyre/ar...-909897208
Entry above!

shall we dance?

Find Reply

DozingBear Offline

Threads: 208
Favorite color: DozingBear
All Accounts Posts: 430

1 Attached Account
Nyooooooooom, here's an entry for you in collaboration with @Belldejour

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men....

Find Reply

Belldejour Offline

Threads: 320
Favorite color: Belldejour
Collab entry with @DozingBear!

Website Find Reply

Humble-3 Offline

Threads: 151
Favorite color: Humble-3
@Astralseed and I enjoyed reviewing all of your entries! 
Thank you so much for coming all the way to our little town of Anthurium for a little bit of fun! Make sure to grab a cup of hot cocoa and some cookies for the road. We hope to see you again very soon! We're always open to visitors and new residents  Big Grin

Now, without further ado, the part you've all been waiting for: the placement!

1st place: @Belldejour

2nd place: @DozingBear

3rd place: ...

Now this is where it gets fun! We couldn't decide between your wonderful pieces, so we decided on a tie!
@illumipyre and @Damien both get 3rd place prizes!

Both your participation prizes and placement prizes have been added to the bank. 
Make sure you get those show and placement chime points into your tracker as well!

I'll slowly be working my way through the art prizes this month. Please let me know which of your characters you'd like me for me to draw in the comments or on Discord. 

Thank you again for participating! I hope to see you again in another contest very soon  Heart

[Image: 48749846_VRR4H0F45RWSllg.png]
~ There's nowhere I'd rather be but here with you ~

Search: