Find Reply

Aedrielle Offline

Administrator
Threads: 1,406
Favorite color: Aedrielle
All Accounts Posts: 3,979

1 Attached Account
Idalia || Somewhere Between Dream and Reality

Watching the emotions flicker of the stallions face, the red hued mare felt a bit of shame. If she were being truthful with herself, this quest had started out as yearning to see the world, somewhat of an excuse to travel. She had expected to find her father, yes, but she had also assumed most of the way that he wouldn't care, or want to know her. That he had left her and her mother. Her mother had spoken of him, lumped with her sister's fathers, as a stallion she had spent time with. But from the reaction of her father before her, the emotions on his face... It has been much much more than that. Idalia felt a bit of unease, questioning her mother and her motives. Why had her mother left? What had changed here? 

Perhaps it would have been better to never bring this to his attention. It was clear there were more words unsaid than her dam had ever mentioned to her. But Idalia paused, thinking back. Finding her father had become her mission once her mother left to find land. A bit of rebellious freedom, but now so much more.  She hadn't truly asked her mother, or tried to find out more about him. Perhaps she should have. 
Efisio. The name rolled around her mind before sliding into place, fitting this stallion before her, and firming with in her mind. Her fathers name was Efisio, and for some reason it made sense. The red starred mare couldn't help the whirlwind of thoughts, as it was confirmed. She had truly done it, found her father. It felt like a walking dream, but it was reality. But her mind kept swirling around her jumbled thoughts. Pandora had no idea she was here. Would she want Idalia to be here, speaking to her father? Was there some dark secret that she didn't know, some disastrous reason her mother had left this seemingly nice stallion? Realizing that Efisio had asked her questions, Idalia mentally shook herself and refocused on the here and now.
"She is well, my dam has been gone for several moons on quests to attain land for us, where she might better provide for her daughters and any other mares needing a safe place to rest," Idalia said, a bit softly. "I.... I didn't ask her about you, before I left. My younger sister, Avia, lives in Queensbreak, the capitol of Espeor where Khaalida reigns. I only had bits and pieces to work with, things that Mother mentioned in passing, to go on. So I went to Queensbreak, and with the help of my sister I was able to track down rumors of your herd and their location. Then I left Queensbreak, and traveled until I found you, and.... I recognized your scent, if that makes any sense. It felt familiar to me. So I.... Well here I am." 
The words were rushed, and a bit rambling. There was a hint of shame to them, and a bit of uncertainty. 
"I.... should have better considered how to go about this," Idalia said, partially to herself, partially to him. "I suppose it is a bit of.... big news to just drop on you." 

536 Words - +2 Chimes

[Image: 43946337_3JMdherxG8QKHQs.gif]

Search: