Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Find Reply

Astralseed Offline

Administrator
Threads: 432
All Accounts Posts: 1,939

11 Attached Accounts
woo, so much to take in here. 
So, I want to start off by saying I think there's some things in here that we can definitely look at smoothing out a bit more like reworking the type of magics given by Mythical Guardians to bring a bit more balance there.  
I also think we can definitely work out a system to show what magics are weak to what magics etc.  That could be nice for the Joust Pas d'Armes especially, I think.  

Some things I think simply aren't something we should tackle though.  Completely reworking our current system and changing it to a completely new system is very ouch.  It would require a lot of work from admins and all of the previously leveled Quirlicorns owners would be left sending in for updates which puts some burden on them as well.  
A lot of these changes would also require a significant amount of extra work from admins.  Tracking where Quirlicorns have been last, tracking how many points they have, tracking virtually everything (unfortunately the tracking burden absolutely falls on the admin team and not so much on the members because if a member wants to cheat, the admin team needs to be able to step in and provide proof, and that means tracking would fall on us.) 

The next issue would be that completely reworking our system to a brand new one means our entire member base is confused on how to do things.  I think people coming from RPG backgrounds rather than ARPG backgrounds likely would do better with a system like you are proposing so there's some good validity to it, but those coming from ARPGs will struggle with such a system.  So perhaps something we can revisit down the road as we grow and start pulling more non ARPG members into the breed.  
Basically any adjustments should benefit the community, and at this time I feel like this would unfortunately do more harm than good.  

Some other thoughts I have:

Would a dew that let you swap magics (even region specific magics, to a different regions magic) perhaps work a bit better?  It would still give people the option to trade out magics they don't want?  
Perhaps we could even allow lesser magics to be swapped for greater magics with such a dew?  I think this would give the freedom you're looking for with magics without us having to create a new system and without putting too much extra burden on the admin team.  
We could maybe even do a dew for mastering a magic (I'd have to double check with our chime admins to make sure that wouldn't make things extra confusing though)

I definitely like the idea of having unique magics that can only be obtained through quests.  We have been adding some new magics from events etc and I wouldn't be opposed to expanding on this a bit.  Unique magics from Mythical Guardians would also be nice, I think.  

We're still a good ways away from releasing Land Battles, but when they do happen we have every intention of matching Quirlicorns evenly, so there wont be a need for those with less magics etc to worry about having a disadvantage.  We actually will want people to have more of an advantage by having Guardians and good Land values.  So Guardians and Land Value will play a much bigger role in land battles than will the magics of the Quirlicorns.  Stamina points may become a factor for Land Battles as well, but that might not work out so well if the jousters aren't entering land battles.  We'll need to see how things are looking as we get closer to being able to release them.  

All of that said, I'd still love to continue hearing more feedback from the community to help us get a better picture of what direction to go.  We will definitely be making some updates though.

[Image: yd2rufct]
Beep Beep, comin' through!

Search: