Thread Closed 

Find

Keir Offline

Deities
Threads: 6
Favorite color: Quirlicorns
All Accounts Posts: 1,938

Linked Accounts
@Gr8ves, @Aedrielle, @Lyricanna, You must collaborate on how each of you will move forward with the given prompt below.  If you require my assistance or have questions you may ask them here. 
Be certain that you submit your prompt endeavours (Group Overview) as a reply to this thread by the end of January 13th. (Only a single member of the group should post the overview.) 
If you fail to post your Group Overview before the deadline there will be no blessings for you for this prompt. 

Overviews should look like this:
Quirlicorn A does X
Quirlicorn B does Y
Quirlicorn C does Z

So many plans, so little time. The Swamp Deity understood the want to make sure everything was alright in the Quirlicorn world, ever since the chaos of the new Dew Trees popping up. But really, he was on Anevay’s side - Chaos was fun!
A rattling laugh came from Keir’s throat as he thought back on Jagmeet snapping at Anevay. He couldn’t quite remember the last time the stoic Plains Deity had snapped at anyone! 
A shadow seemed to slither along the floor of the half sunken temple upon which he stood, curling up around Keir’s leg, along his shoulder, and coiling around his neck. The shadows of the swamp came alive for the Deity, whispering their secrets to him. 
The tidings they brought had Keir puzzled, for it seemed that things were being set in motion once more. Where the world had been quiet, there was strange weather popping up, anomalies in the regions, including his own.
Keir found himself grateful that Quirlicorns were already on their way to investigate. He might thrive on chaos, but that was chaos of his own making. The unknown chaos that seemed to be stirring once again would seriously cramp his style.
Speaking of those Quirlicorns… where were they? 

Keir was nearly ready to decide ‘screw being diplomatic’ and summon some of his favorite swamp beasts to track down his servants when the sound of voices reached him. 
“Really, why can’t Coyote visit more often?” a mare’s voice said, a voice that brought a note of recognition to Keir’s mind.
“Because any time I do, she comes back with ideas of having a castle,” grumped a stallion’s voice, and Keir’s maw parted with a hissed breath. That voice, he knew.
A snort of a laugh followed that comment, from an unknown voice, and Keir shifted slightly with impatience as a trio of Quirlicorns finally joined him. 
“Is this really the conversation you want to have when approaching a deity?” Keir said, as the shadows released his form and he appeared fully in front of him. The tone was ominous, a low rattle coming from his throat.
Khaalida tilted her head slightly and shrugged. “What else were we supposed to do to pass the time in this… lovely place?” she replied. 
Keir sighed, looking over the group. It seemed the chaos of a few months previous had gotten the attention of some of the lesser deities, judging by the fact that two now stood before him.

“Khaalida, Shaakir, Yuri. Glad you finally made it,” Keir snorted. “Follow me.” 

The conversation continued behind Keir’s back, the trio now debating the merits of different kinds of tea. If Keir wasn’t so annoyed by the changes in his region he might have joined them, but given the news he had received he wasn’t in any mood. 
They traveled through the swamp, their speed aided by Keir’s magic. Where nothing but dead ends seemed to lay, paths appeared before them, turning what would have been a grueling trip into an afternoon stroll.
The temperature dropped as they walked, and the conversation seemed to hush as the three Quirlicorns noticed the difference. 
Keir stopped on the edge of where the disturbance lay. 
“Figure this out,” he gestured, before slipping back into the shadows, leaving the trio to stare at a small section of the swamp that was frozen over.
The mashy ground was frozen solid, and icicles hung from vines. Breath clouded in the cold air, and it seemed the temperature had dropped nearly 70 degrees from the surrounding swamp.
“Well that’s… unusual,” Yuri commented, and the other two nodded.
“Kir, you live here… ever seen anything like this?” Khaalida asked. 
“Nope,” Shaakir said.
“I said investigate, not gawk!” Keir’s voice echoed from the shadows, and the three startled slightly.

The Swamp Deity watched from the shadows, and sighed. 

Prompt: "Investigate the Frozen area of the swamp"

(647 words) +3 Chimes (500  words literature= +2, Event= +1)

Cackling in the distance

Find

Khaalida Offline

Threads: 1
Favorite color: Aedrielle
All Accounts Posts: 3,956

Linked Accounts
I am going to use Weather Manipulation to bring the temperature back to normal and hopefully melt the ice,
@Shaakir is going to use Plant Magic to talk to the plants and figure out if they know what happened (and lick dirt)
and Yuri is going to use Magic Eater to try and absorb any magic that might be lingering and messing with the area

----------------
Khaalida @Aedrielle
Shaakir @Gr8ves
Yuri @Lyricanna

[Image: frey_burton_comple-by-Arborath-smol.png]

Find

Keir Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
(01-10-2022, 10:45 PM)Khaalida Wrote: I am going to use Weather Manipulation to bring the temperature back to normal and hopefully melt the ice,
@Shaakir is going to use Plant Magic to talk to the plants and figure out if they know what happened (and lick dirt)
and Yuri is going to use Magic Eater to try and absorb any magic that might be lingering and messing with the area

----------------
Khaalida @Aedrielle
Shaakir @Gr8ves
Yuri @Lyricanna

A fine plan! Make me proud!

Cackling in the distance

Find

Gr8ves Offline

Team Daddy
Threads: 263
Favorite color: Gr8ves
All Accounts Posts: 769

2 Attached Accounts
If making you proud includes Licking dirt, talking to plants, and jamming on the banjo then that's a simple life.

For my part on Part 1

[Image: xNagl.gif][Image: c6fCh.gif]

Find

Khaalida Offline

Linked Accounts
Part 1

I think everyone was confused by Kir's approach but at least.... he found some good tea? Would you like some?

Find

Lyricanna Offline

Team Daddy
Threads: 196
Favorite color: Lyricanna
Omnomnom magic https://sta.sh/01y6cic39kh

Find

Keir Offline

Deities

Linked Accounts
After inspecting the rest of his region and getting even more strange tidings, Keir found himself heading back to check on his servants. He was very much so looking forward to his swamp getting back to normal. But now…
He heard laughter and the clink of cups, and Keir drew himself into the shadows to observe. The ice was there, and the three… were having a tea party?!

Khaalida laughed. “This is good tea, not gonna lie,” she said, and Shaakir nodded. 
“The plant said so,” he replied.
“Tastes better than dirt I bet,” Yuri smirked, and Khaalida laughed. 
“Abacomancy! Haven’t any of you heard of Abacomancy?!” Shaakir grumbled, and it was clear this wasn’t the first comment about dirt licking that he had received. 
“Yeah, but normally I don’t go around licking dirt!” Khaalida pointed out. 
A loud crash echoed as the tea went flying, and the swamp Deity appeared in the middle of their circle. 
Shaakir set down his banjo, and the trio just kind of stared at Keir for a moment.
“That was good tea,” Khaalida pointed out.
“Why is my swamp still an icy mess?” Keir said, his voice a thundering echo around them as if all the shadows were carrying his voice. 
“We did as you asked. We investigated,” Yuri replied. 
Keir looked between the three, his tail twitching slightly. The Swamp Deity was feeling more and more inclined to call up some nice lil nasty critters to remind them just who he was. Or trap them in the shadows until they learn better. Or turn them into tea, who knows? 
But, looking back on the conversation, he realized that quite unfortunately they were right. He hadn’t quite specified to fix the issue, just figure it out. 
“Fine. What did your investigation find?” Keir hissed. 
“Well, I warmed it up with my weather manipulation, and Shaakir here licked some dirt. It happened suddenly and without warning, as if a flux of magic had surged in the area turning it somewhat wonky. The plants weren’t sure either,” Khaalida said.
“Then I used my magic to absorb as much as I could,” Yuri continued. “But unfortunately afterward the ice returned.” 
Shaakir nodded, sitting back in his chair. 
“So you basically found out nothing,” Keir said.
“No, we did find out that it was a strange glitch in magic,” Khaalida pointed out. 
Keir sighed, a long sigh. The kind of sigh that made you wonder what exactly was going through the Swamp Deities mind, and if he was going to call something nasty out to get you. 
“Fine, whatever. It seems that the new Sacred Dew Trees have something to do with this again. There has been a cat wandering around the Swamp Dew Tree,” Keir informed them.
The trio exchanged looks.
“A… cat?” Yuri asked. 
“Yes, a strange cat,” Keir snapped. 
“Someones having a bad day,” Khaalida muttered.
The trio watched as the Swamp Deity visibly reigned himself in, the shadows that had grown thicker around them dispersing. 
“Go figure out what's up with the tree and the strange cat,” Keir commanded with a hiss, before turning swiftly and disappearing into the shadows.
“No respect these days,” he muttered to himself as he slipped back into the swamp. 

Prompt: Investigate the strange cat near the Swamp Sacred Dew Tree (please stay at the sacred dew tree and don't return to Keir)
(541 Words) +3 Chimes (500 Words Literature = +2 Chimes, Event = +1)

Cackling in the distance

Find

Khaalida Offline

Linked Accounts
@Shaakir is going to transform himself into a mouse and dangle himself as a treat
I am going to create the illusion of a bunch of cat friendly things around the tree
and Yuri is going to use Gem Growth to make a cat tree and try to catch the cat

--------------

@Aedrielle
@Lyricanna
@Gr8ves

Find

Lyricanna Offline

Team Daddy
Threads: 196
Favorite color: Lyricanna
Pt 2 https://sta.sh/02cpvc0t3h9d